whose teachings in a sentence
1. In 1938, Huxley befriended Jiddu Krishnamurti, whose teachings he greatly admired.
2. Anaxarchus is said to have studied under Diogenes of Smyrna, whose teachings were said to be the same as those of Democritus' student Protagoras.
3. Jan Hus was a key contributor to Protestantism, whose teachings had a strong influence on the states of Europe and on Martin Luther.
4. Latter-day Saints believe John's ministry was foretold by two prophets whose teachings are included in the Book of Mormon: Lehi and his son Nephi.
5. Gautama Buddha (c. 6th to 4th centuries BCE), whose teachings became the foundation of Buddhism, was the best-known Shakya.
6. Whilst at Bremen, Engels began reading the philosophy of Hegel, whose teachings dominated German philosophy at that time.
7. it is widely believed that a Pope chooses the name of a predecessor whose teachings and legacy he wishes to continue.
8. Gautama Buddha (c. 6th to 4th centuries BCE), whose teachings became the foundation of Buddhism, was the best-known Shakya.
9. in others, there is an established church whose teachings form an integral part of the state-operated educational system;
10. The Sadducees, whose teachings were so closely connected to the Temple cult, disappeared.
11. Queen Māyā of Sakya (Pali: Māyādevī) was the birth mother of Gautama Buddha, the sage on whose teachings Buddhism was founded.
12. Helena and Nicholas Roerich, whose teachings closely parallel theosophy, see Shambhala's existence as both spiritual and physical.
13. According to Wells, a minimally historical Jesus existed, whose teachings were preserved in the Q document.
14. Lumbini is the birthplace of Lord Buddha on whose teachings Buddhism was founded.
15. Islam is one of several major faiths whose teachings have been used to justify marriage of girls.
16. In the course of his travels he frequented the religio-philosophical schools of the Mu'tazili, whose teachings he defended in his works.
17. Although Saker Baptist College was founded as an establishment whose teachings were typically Baptist, SBC now educates students of all religions.
18. Anger was a disciple of occultist Aleister Crowley, through whose teachings Fireworks can be read.
19. In many Vaishnava traditions, Krishna is accepted as a teacher, whose teachings are in the Bhagavad Gita and the Bhagavata Purana.
20. In the 1970s he was a member of the Unification Church, whose teachings have been alleged to resemble Jung's "quite closely".
21. 479 BCE) was a famous Chinese thinker and social philosopher, whose teachings have deeply influenced East Asian life and thought.
22. In 1956 he works in the "atelier" of Josep Roca Sastre, whose teachings and orientation are decisive in his formative years.
23. In the 60's he keeps a close friendship with painter and historian Rafael Benet i Vancells (1899–1979) whose teachings were decisive.
24. This was similar to Joachism, whose teachings had spread throughout Valencia.
25. In the same year, influenced by his wife he became a Jehovah's Witness, whose teachings forbid the practice of martial arts.
26. He was a pupil of Rabbi Meir, whose teachings, both halakhic and aggadic, he transmitted.
27. This particular fresco imagines the person of Joel, a prophet from the Hebrew Bible, whose teachings appear in the Book of Joel.
28. Askari X encountered the Uhuru Movement, then Islam as taught by Ansar El Muhammad, whose teachings began as a prison study group.
29. Throughout the Middle Ages, there were many Christian sects, cults and movements whose teachings foreshadowed later Protestant movements.
30. Mengzi was a thinker whose teachings were very similar to that of Confucius.
- an enduring exchange
- the more rarefied, detached, ivory-tower perspective
- his pragmatic concerns
- Krishnamurti's quintessential statement
- Last Freedom
- a Vedantist
- the circle
- Hindu Swami Prabhavananda
- this circle
- widely held spiritual values
- renowned mystics
- Huxley's book
- a sensibility
- the generally accepted "five senses
- genuine meaning
- both sensual satisfactions
- a close friend
- much time
- the college
- the Eagle Rock neighbourhood
- "Tarzana College
- his satirical novel
- a British literary award
- the 1939 James Tait Black Memorial Prize
- a substantial income
- a Hollywood screenwriter
- left-wing writer
- artist refugees
- Hitler's Germany
- Huxley's friend
- a different director
- screen credit
- other films
- a script
- the biography
- the story's author
- The script
- the posthumous publication
- J. D. Unwin's 1940 book
- 21 October