valproic in a sentence
31. they may reduce enterohepatic circulation and recycling of valproic acid glucuronide by acting against gut bacteria;
32. and they may block transporter proteins that pump valproic acid out of red blood cells into the blood plasma.
33. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), lithium and valproic acid (sodium valproate) have been used as well.
34. It is rapidly metabolised (80%) to valproic acid (another anticonvulsant) but has anticonvulsant properties itself.
35. Valpromide is formed through the reaction of valproic acid and ammonia via an intermediate acid chloride.
36. In addition, a clinical trial is studying valproic acid effects on the latent pools of HIV in infected persons.
37. It is also useful for preventing hyperammonemia caused as a side effect of administration of valproic acid.
38. it was also noted that valproic acid, which is also used in absence seizures, did not do that.
39. A further combination of valproic acid and zidovudine has demonstrated a decrease in proviral loads (in animals).
40. These include exposure of the embryo to valproic acid, paracetamol, thalidomide or misoprostol.
41. Valproic acid, or valproate, was one of the first anti-convulsants tested for use in bipolar disorder.
42. The mania prevention and antidepressant effects of valproic acid have not been well demonstrated.
43. Valproic acid is less effective than lithium at preventing and treating depressive episodes.
44. Some recommend avoidance of valproic acid, as it can be a substrate for 2-methylbutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase.
45. Other drugs, in order of frequency of use are benzodiazepines, carbamazapine, barbiturates, and valproic acid.
46. Valproic acid is the first line drug choice for reducing generalised seizures and myoclonus.
47. Valproic acid and zonisamide are first choice anticonvulsants, and the ketogenic diet may be helpful.
48. Current treatment options include phenytoin, valproic acid, ethosuximide, and the new anti-epileptic drugs.
49. Other anticonvulsants like valproic acid, phenytoin and clonazepam are common alternatives.
50. Hydrocortisones and valproic acid are also two drugs that cause moderate bleeding from the gut.
51. Valproic acid use during pregnancy increases the risk of neural tube defects by approximately 20-fold.
52. the exception is valproic acid, which slightly slows down temozolomide elimination from the body.
53. The same may be true of microsomal epoxide hydrolase inhibitors (such as valproic acid).
54. Moreover, the symptoms of this disorder can be decreased by the administration of valproic acid.
55. For seizures, anticonvulsant medications may be used, such as valproic acid, levetiracetam, or lamotrigine.
56. ERCP. Drugs : Isoniazid, Thiazides, Azathioprine, Valproic Acid, Estrogen PKU: Pale hair, skin.
57. Valproic acid (VPA) is often used to treat seizure disorder and mania as a mood stabilizer.
58. Valproic acid (VPA) is a compound of fatty acid and a commonly used anti-epileptic drug.
59. Aim To study the relation between dosage and serum concentration of valproic acid in children with epilepsy.
60. Taking L-carnitine supplements may prevent any deficiency and may also reduce the side effects of valproic acid.