toilsome in a sentence
1. In 1881 he claimed: Labour is toilsome and its gains are slow.
2. Latterly, he took little exercise, but did a great deal of toilsome mind work."
3. This transcendent and unbounded abuse of knowledge must be restrained by toilsome, laborious scientific instruction.
4. He weakened rapidly ... His life was weary, toilsome, and full of trouble.
5. The album's mixing was also toilsome.
6. Writing in The Zombie Movie Encyclopedia, academic Peter Dendle calls it "painful and toilsome".
7. These men were charged with the toilsome duty of digging canals and were often overworked and mistreated.
8. It was the result of forty years of labour and toilsome research of the Benedictines.
9. Here blest with peace, with ease and health, Life’s toilsome scenes, O let me shun!
10. 4. Refresh thy people on their toilsome way;
11. The construction was toilsome and long;
12. When his toilsome industry is amassing facts he plods like a German;
13. According to him, working as a local delivery courier was toilsome, but delighting.
14. After a long and toilsome fight Charlie manages to defeat Dullu, thus ending their feud.
15. The march was long, toilsome, the weather was hot;
16. Noah's wine has been described as a "pleasant relief for man from the toilsome work of the crop".
17. He also defined it as his "most complete and complex, most toilsome album, but it came out exactly like I wanted it".
18. Thus, when life's toilsome day is o'er, May its departing ray Be calm as this impressive hour, And lead to endless day.
19. The Headleys decided to sell the house in 1870, possibly because maintaining the entire property proved toilsome.
20. Housework is usually miscellaneous and toilsome.
21. feel toilsome first. I do not hesitate it.
22. work is toilsome, especially in the summer and winter, because it's hot in summer but cold in winter.
23. Freelancer is toilsome and enjoyable; it is a challengeable occupation full of more feelings of achievement!
24. will be a toilsome journey tomorrow.
25. learning like this is toilsome and ineffective, but I can't spare other time for study.
26. I deeply know Mother is so great and toilsome!
27. A rain now came on, which continued for two or three hours, and made the road slippery and toilsome.
28. heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun.
29. my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun.
30. As toilsome I wander'd Virginia's woods.
- Diverse sources
- allegorical symbols
- Flemish August Bouttats
- immaculist banner
- the laureate church
- Hispanic Society
- from Ancient Greek
- some chemical elements
- two or more different forms
- the same physical state
- different structural modifications
- a different manner
- the allotropes
- a tetrahedral lattice arrangement
- a hexagonal lattice
- single sheets
- spherical, tubular, or ellipsoidal formations
- The more general term
- any crystalline material
- different molecular formulae
- two allotropes
- the solid, liquid and gaseous states