three NFL teams in a sentence
1. In order to equalize the number of teams in each conference, three NFL teams that predated the AFL's launch (the Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the then-Baltimore Colts) joined the ten former AFL teams to form the AFC.
2. To avoid having an inequitable number of teams in each conference, the leagues voted to move three NFL teams to the AFC.
3. They were one of three NFL teams to join those of the American Football League (AFL) to form the AFC following the 1970 merger.
4. However, the Jets have never returned to the Super Bowl, making them one of three NFL teams to win their lone Super Bowl appearance, along with the New Orleans Saints and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
5. Eventually, three NFL teams (Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Baltimore Colts) agreed to move over to join the ten AFL franchises in the American Football Conference.
6. Lambeau coached three NFL teams over his 33-year career: the Green Bay Packers, the Chicago Cardinals, and the Washington Redskins.
7. Nevertheless, out of the three NFL teams to join the AFC, only the Colts managed to secure a playoff berth.
8. But even then, NFL proponents claimed that the three NFL teams that joined the AFL to form the AFC were largely the reason.
9. Hendricks was a member of four Super Bowl-winning teams (three with the Raiders and one with the Colts) and was a Pro Bowl selection eight times, at least once with each of his three NFL teams.
10. Only three NFL teams had more Pro Bowl picks San Francisco (9), Houston (8), New England (7).
11. He served as a defensive assistant for three NFL teams: Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, and the New Orleans Saints.
12. After his playing career ended, he became a coach, and served as the offensive coordinator for three NFL teams.
13. In 58 career games for those three NFL teams, he had four interceptions and 126 tackles.
14. He played college football for Oregon State University and played for three NFL teams in 39 games over 4 seasons.
15. Bruce Alan Wilkerson (born July 28, 1964) is a former American football player who played tackle for three NFL teams from 1987 to 1997.
16. Ferris played for three NFL teams, the Washington Redskins in 1951–1952, the Philadelphia Eagles in 1952, and also the Los Angeles Rams, in 1953.
17. The NFL has had a presence in Toronto since 1959 when the Argonauts hosted three NFL teams in a three-season span.
18. The NFL played its first game in Toronto in 1959, when the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League hosted the first of three NFL teams in a three-season span.
19. Belichick had spent the previous eight years as a student at Wesleyan University and then as an assistant coach for three NFL teams.
20. Florida's seven large hub and medium hub airports, as classified by the FAA, are the following: Florida has three NFL teams, two MLB teams, two NBA teams, two NHL teams, and one MLS team.
21. Since the pre-merger NFL had six more teams than the AFL, three NFL teams –
22. McGee transferred to Bishop College in Dallas, Texas, was a third round selection in the 1971 NFL Draft, and played fourteen seasons for three NFL teams.
23. On January 13, 2013, after trying out for three NFL teams it was announced that Gore decided to re-sign with the Lions under a three-year deal.
24. At Louisiana Tech's Pro Day on March 26, twenty-four seniors worked out in front of scouts from twenty-three NFL teams.
25. For the 2011 season, PFF provided customized data to three NFL teams, agents, media and NFL players.
26. When the American Football League completed its merger with the NFL in 1970, three NFL teams were given a $3 million payment to join the former AFL teams to form the American Football Conference.
27. The two leagues merged into one after this game, with the ten AFL teams and three NFL teams (Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Colts, and Cleveland Browns) forming the American Football Conference.
28. He attended private workouts with three NFL teams: the Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Jacksonville Jaguars.
29. Florida has three NFL teams, two MLB teams, two NBA teams, two NHL teams, and one MLS team.
30. Following the season, it was reported that Streveler had scheduled workouts with three NFL teams: the Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Miami Dolphins.
- the AFC
- the remaining thirteen NFL clubs
- the NFC
- league expansions
- division realignments
- the merger
- the current total
- 16 clubs
- each conference
- The current AFC champions
- the 2019 AFC Championship Game
- their first conference championship
- team history
- the conference
- four divisions
- four teams
- the thirteen opponents
- each team
- the 16-game regular season schedule
- a pre-determined formula
- Each AFC team
- the other teams
- their respective division
- 10 other games
- their schedule
- the NFL
- a particular team's final divisional standing
- The remaining 8 games
- the roster
- two other NFL divisions
- a standard cycle
- the 2012 regular season schedule
- the AFC West
- every team
- the AFC North and NFC South
- non-divisional competition
- common opponents
- the two games
- the team's prior-season divisional standing
- each season