their body heat in a sentence
1. They needed to develop new methods to regulate their body heat to cope with fluctuations in ambient temperature.
2. In a 2010 interview, Armstrong explained that NASA limited the first moonwalk's time and distance because there was no empirical proof of how much cooling water the astronauts' PLSS backpacks would consume to handle their body heat generation while working on the Moon.
3. This system allows penguins to efficiently use their body heat and explains why such small animals can survive in the extreme cold.
4. Hyperthermia affects those who are unable to regulate their body heat, mainly due to environmental conditions.
5. Megapodes are mainly solitary birds that do not incubate their eggs with their body heat as other birds do, but bury them.
6. The basic claim (or tall tale) is that the waters of lakes and rivers in the area are so cold that they evolved a thick coat of fur to maintain their body heat.
7. The theme song is "Wasps" from the band Emperor Yes, which is based on a fact about bees which was used on QI. The song is written as an exchange between the bees, as they defend their hive from attacking wasps by swarming the wasp, and using their body heat to kill the wasps by overheating.
8. they would remain alive for a week or so. Their body heat would, it seems, have been sufficient to keep the mine's components at a working temperature.
9. Their body heat matches the ambient temperature of the environment in which they are found, so they do not radiate heat, making them indistinguishable from their surroundings through thermal imaging.
10. The spies fight by throwing snowballs at each other and setting traps, which decreases their body heat bar.
11. The presence (as at 2010) of two breeding pairs of wild peregrine falcons (nesting one in each of the telescope's two support towers) prevents the nuisance of pigeon infestation (by droppings fouling, and their body heat affecting sensitive instrument readings) that some other radio telescopes suffer from.
12. Getting Daigorō, himself and the Supreme Ninja to shore and to the shelter of a fisherman's hut, he strips all three of them naked and gathers them close together, telling the Supreme Ninja that they must share their body heat or die.
13. When they saw clients, they entered a grocery, poured the wine, which was warmed by their body heat, into a pot taken from their belt, and served it to their clients.
14. Mammals and birds are homeothermic endotherms, which generate their own body heat and have a high metabolism, whereas reptiles are heterothermic ectotherms, which receive their body heat from their surroundings.
15. It has been created to keep the minds of humans docile while their bodies are stored in massive power plants, their body heat and bioelectricity consumed as power by the sentient machines that have enslaved them.
16. Being cold-blooded, they absorb heat from the sun by basking on volcanic rock, and at night sleep in burrows to conserve their body heat.
17. They do not incubate their eggs with their body heat in the orthodox way, but bury them.
18. Within these tree cavities woodpeckers share their body heat with each other and therefore decrease the thermoregulatory demands on the individuals within the roost.
19. It kept the animals safe, and their body heat helped heat the home.
20. The cave-dwellers are hurt by radio frequencies and are able to see in infra-red frequencies, tracking the explorers by their body heat.
21. Of these three methods, the Broselow tape is the most accurate for weight estimation in children ≤25 kg, while the Theron formula performs better with patients weighing >40 kg. Due to basic geometry, a child's weight to surface area ratio is lower than an adult's, children more readily lose their body heat through radiation and have a higher risk of becoming hypothermic.
22. Crotaphytus bicinctores utilizes external energy for their body heat.
23. Ora (or ORA) is a 2011 experimental 3D dance film filmed thermographically, capturing images of the dancers using only their body heat.
24. The soldiers can recover their body heat if they are close to a bonfire or have found a building to shelter in, though soldiers in cover outside will not lose or gain body heat.
25. During the live performance they used their body heat to melt a neoclassical Greek male torso carved out of ice, recasting the myth of Tiresias as a story of endurance and transformation.
26. But below a certain density, hair stops insulating and wicks heat off the body instead-helping the elephants get rid of an extra 20 percent of their body heat, especially on windless days.
- ambient temperature
- a terrestrial environment
- Their skins
- harmful ultraviolet rays
- excessive water loss
- The superclass Tetrapoda
- four classes
- vertebrate animals
- four limbs
- the eggs
- the female
- several membranes
- these membranes
- various strategies
- the vulnerable aquatic larval stage
- one or two frogs
- brackish water
- mangrove swamps
- salt water lakes
- moist habitats
- a simplified anatomy
- two evolutionary trends
- an unusually large genome
- a slower growth and development rate
- their size
- their rapid metamorphosis
- all other known lines
- a remodeling
- the feeding apparatus
- the metamorphosis
- an early stage
- the larvae
- The largest species
- a metamorphosis
- the whole metamorphosis
- the egg
- An anamniotic terrestrial egg
- less than 1 cm
- diffusion problems
- a size