the swiftness in a sentence
1. The swiftness of Jackson's men earned them the nickname of "foot cavalry".
2. Several explanations have been advanced to explain the swiftness and ease of the initial Lombard advance in northern Italy.
3. The swiftness of the embarkations surprised all foreign observers.
4. "Because of the swiftness of the movement we receive the impression of the line on every part of the cone as the line moves."
5. Ver is the suffix for the swiftness mood, kal for the perpetuity mood and yaz for the approach ("almost") mood.
6. the only saving grace was the swiftness with which the Hellenic Army was overrun.
7. The swiftness of Famulus's execution gives a wonderful unity and astonishing delicacy to his compositions.
8. The swiftness of the horse messengers finds mention in many of the texts of that period.
9. The New York Times noted the swiftness with which the program had proceeded from its inception in 1999.
10. Because of the swiftness of the river current, the water of the Aklan river seems to boil or froth.
11. or the name might simply refer to the swiftness or brevity of the treatise itself.
12. "Because of the swiftness of the movement we receive the impression of the line on every part of the cone as the line moves."
13. The swiftness of the strike and the solidarity of the men shocked the government.
14. The Mongol Empire utilized the swiftness and strength of the horses to their advantage.
15. And that the elastick force of this Medium is exceeding great, may be gather'd from the swiftness of its Vibrations.
16. an allusion to the swiftness of the water in the dale.
17. the Earl of Angus escaped by the swiftness of his horse.
18. In short: he has courage, the swiftness of a cow, or better: a whole man!
19. the swiftness that English supporters demand and that excites overseas viewers."
20. But with the swiftness of an arrow, it rushes to the tomb.
21. Seven of whom were executed at Aros, the eighth making his escape by the swiftness of his horse.
22. His fiancée, Lucy Wang, was with him at the time but saw little of what happened because of the swiftness of the murder.
23. Caliban is gross, of the earth, whereas "Ariel is imaginary power, the swiftness of thought personified."
24. Langley was, however, unable to return due to the swiftness of the currents and fire from the shore.
25. Neel attributed this improvement to the swiftness of helicopter evacuation and the advances in medical technology.
26. He created a fusion mainly inspired from the slow yet powerful movements of a Crocodile and the swiftness of a Cockroach.
27. Due to the swiftness of the Nigerian advance, Biafran officers began to lose control of their troops.
28. In chapter 7, he moves on to compare the swiftness and slowness of the natural motion of the mobiles.
29. and the swiftness with which he assisted in the recovery of a hydrogen bomb lost off the coast of Spain.
30. was once a wave in the ocean, rolling along, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the swiftness of the breeze.
- primitive amphibian fossils
- large gaps
- a missing link
- Molecular analysis
- the frog–salamander divergence
- the palaeontological evidence
- Newer research
- all Lissamphibians
- the closest relatives
- lunged fish
- certain adaptations
- new means
- the sideways thrusts
- their tails
- quite different mechanisms
- Their vertebral columns
- limb girdles
- Terrestrial adults
- their lateral line systems
- their sensory systems
- new methods
- their body heat
- ambient temperature
- a terrestrial environment
- Their skins
- harmful ultraviolet rays
- excessive water loss
- The superclass Tetrapoda
- four classes
- vertebrate animals
- four limbs
- the eggs
- the female
- several membranes
- these membranes
- various strategies
- the vulnerable aquatic larval stage
- one or two frogs
- brackish water
- mangrove swamps