the summer hard-court season in a sentence
1. Agassi played only two events during the summer hard-court season with his best result being a quarterfinal loss at the Countrywide Classic in Los Angeles to Fernando González of Chile, which resulted in him being unseeded at the US Open.
2. During the summer hard-court season, Roddick played four tournaments in four weeks.
3. He only played one tournament in the summer hard-court season, in Cincinnati, where he lost in the quarterfinals to Robby Ginepri.
4. Ivanovic started the summer hard-court season with a third-round loss at the Rogers Cup in Montreal to Tamira Paszek.
5. To begin the summer hard-court season, Azarenka competed in the Bank of the West Classic as a wild card and eighth seed.
6. During the summer hard-court season Radwańska was twice one match away from becoming the world No. 1. She would lose to Li Na on both occasions, in the quarterfinals of the Rogers Cup and the Western &
7. At the start of the summer hard-court season Radwańska pulled out of the Bank of the West Classic, due to an injured right hand.
8. Following Palermo, Lučić returned to the United States for the summer hard-court season.
9. She started out the summer hard-court season at the Bank of the West Classic and Mercury Insurance Open where she reached the quarterfinals of both events.
10. Although she was knocked on in the first round of the singles tournament by her close friend and partner Peng Shuai, she and Chuang reached the quarterfinals in doubles, where they were beaten by the eventual silver medalists Andrea Hlaváčková and Lucie Hradecká. Hsieh got off to a slow start to the summer hard-court season.
11. Entering the summer hard court season, Hsieh reunited with her friend and compatriot Chuang Chia-jung, whom she would spend the majority of the rest of the season playing with.
12. She also posted another solid result in singles, reaching the third round before falling to Plíšková. During the summer hard-court season between Wimbledon and the US Open, Hsieh struggled in both singles and doubles.
13. Kerber finished the summer hard-court season ranked 21st, before the 2020 WTA Tour entered a hiatus and the rankings became paused due to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.
14. During the summer hard-court season, Wickmayer reached the third round in Los Angeles, losing to Vera Zvonareva.
15. Martić didn't find much success during the beginning of the summer hard-court season, losing her opening round matches in Toronto and Cincinnati, but rebounded at the US Open by reaching the third round there for the first time.
16. At the start of the summer hard court season, Barty did well at the Premier 5 hard court tournaments, making it to the semifinals at the Canadian Open and the third round at the Cincinnati Open.
17. Rebounding from this disappointment, Vekić opened the summer hard-court season with a semifinal showing in San Jose before making the third round in Cincinnati, where she fell to Venus Williams.
18. In the summer hard court season, Murray failed to defend his US Open title, losing to Stanislas Wawrinka in the quarterfinals.
19. In the summer hard court season, Djokovic competed in both the 2015 Rogers Cup and the 2015 Western &
- his best result
- his final US Open
- extreme back pain
- anti-inflammatory injections
- every match
- a tough four-set win
- eighth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis
- Wimbledon semi-finals
- five tough sets
- the younger Baghdatis
- muscle cramping
- the final set
- his last match
- 112th-ranked big-serving Benjamin Becker
- a four-minute standing ovation
- a retirement speech
- that decade
- French Open
- the Davis Cup
- the whole year
- the Newsweek Champions Cup
- the Lipton International Players Championships
- the fall season
- the end of the season
- the following 3 years
- 1 Andy Roddick
- the 1990 French Open
- the Miami Open
- Hong Kong
- Pat Rafter
- Rome Masters
- the final years
- Swiss Indoors
- the Masters Cup
- the 2004 US Open
- two windy days
- Dubai Championships