the spermatheca in a sentence
1. The lateral ducts are where the eggs leave the body, while the spermatheca is where sperm is stored.
2. The spermatheca gland is found in queens, which functions in sperm maintenance.
3. In hermaphrodite C. elegans, sperm production occurs first and is then stored in the spermatheca.
4. also, the ventral face of the spermatheca is smooth rather than striated.
5. also the ventral face of the spermatheca is striated rather than smooth.
6. Actin filaments line the spermatheca in a circumferential manner.
7. When a queen mates, the sperm is transferred into the spermatheca directly.
8. The oviduct is narrow while the spermatheca is spherical.
9. The spermatheca is spherical, its diameter twice of oviduct.
10. This extra sperm was stored in the spermatheca after mating.
11. The spermatheca duct is usually thick;
12. The vagina is connected to the bursa copulatrix and to the spermatheca (for storing sperm).
13. the retractor muscle is attached to the spermatheca duct;
14. the spermatheca is elongate with a short duct.
15. A saccular dilation in the spermatheca stores spermatozoa received from males during copulation.
16. It then bends a little backward and is shortly joined by a duct from the spermatheca.
17. The spermatheca is elongate and relatively short.
18. The spermatheca is long.
19. The dart-sac is long, the spermatheca short and elongately pearshaped.
20. the spermatheca is elongate.
21. The spermatheca is oval, very short, on a short stem.
22. The lateral ducts are where the eggs leave the body, while the spermatheca is where sperm is stored.
23. The spermatheca is spherical or ovoid.
24. The spermathecal gland attaches to the central region of the spermatheca.
25. The spermatheca has two rounded seminal receptacles.
26. Females have two ovaries which overlap the spermatheca.
27. the spermatheca of the female is of slightly less width.
28. the spermatheca of the female is of slightly less width.
29. The spermatheca is offset.
30. The spermatheca of female Telegryllus emma is mainly composed of gland cells and muscle.
- Courtship rituals
- an embrace
- Certain primitive salamanders
- the egg mass
- a few exceptions
- his forelimbs
- the back legs
- their cloacae
- Roughened nuptial pads
- the male's hands aid
- (Oophaga granulifera
- opposite directions
- The tailed frog
- Ascaphus truei
- The "tail
- This frog
- fast-flowing streams
- storage tubes
- the following spring
- Most frogs
- either prolonged or explosive breeders
- prolonged breeders
- a breeding site
- Other satellite males
- their opportunity
- mate selection
- More females
- due course
- the breeding season
- Explosive breeders
- temporary pools
- dry regions
- fossorial species
- heavy rains
- the calling
- the first male
- a suitable place
- perhaps a pool
- the same place
- The assembled frogs