the region's proximity in a sentence
1. The climate of Anchorage and south central Alaska is mild by Alaskan standards due to the region's proximity to the seacoast.
2. It is held during the first weekend of June and celebrates the region's proximity and attachment to the water.
3. Due to the region's proximity to Metro Manila, a large amount of urbanization has taken place over the years.
4. Most baseball fans support the New York Yankees and New York Mets, although the Toronto Blue Jays have seen an increase in support due to the influx of Canadians in the area - as well as the region's proximity to Toronto, the Blue Jays' increased on-field success in the mid-2010s, and the affiliation with the longstanding minor league Buffalo Bisons.
5. Owing to the region's proximity to Washington, D.C., and the Potomac River, the armies of both sides frequently occupied and traversed Northern Virginia.
6. Schofield's position was of high importance and sensitivity, due to the region's proximity to Washington as well as Confederate President Jefferson Davis's incarceration in Norfolk and awaiting trial under Judge John Curtiss Underwood, who chaired the Constitutional Convention and had close links with Congressional Republicans.
7. Manufacturing—particularly concerning the automotive industry—is also prevalent in Michigan's Thumb due to the region's proximity to the automotive centers of Detroit and Flint.
8. As the region's proximity to the Brenner Pass made it a frequent trade route, the Fugger of Augsburg opened a branch to sort the products of the nearby silver mines in Ridnaun Valley and Pfleres Valley.
9. The region's proximity to the Russian River serves a source for early morning fog that covers the lower vineyard areas until it burned off by the morning sun.
10. Due to the area's unique circumstances as a predominantly franco-ontarian community with limited local media service due to the region's proximity to the Montreal market, the station was also licensed at that time to launch a low power FM repeater to improve reception and provide a nighttime service.
11. Whatever the ultimate origins of the game in northern Italy, the region's proximity to the French rugby heartland helped as well.
12. The Deer Lake Regional Airport, along with various government departments and facilities, Grenfell Campus, Memorial University, limited agriculture, and a growing tourism industry centred on the Humber Valley Resort, the Marble Mountain Ski Resort, and the region's proximity to Gros Morne National Park are major economic instigators.
13. Whatever the ultimate origins of the game in northern Italy, the region's proximity to the French rugby heartland helped as well.
14. Despite its mission to offer the residents of Long Island's Nassau and Suffolk Counties a world-class performing arts organization, the Philharmonic suffered due to the region's proximity to the cultural attractions and institutions of New York City.
15. The region's proximity to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex makes it a popular weekend destination for those searching for a respite from the increasingly congested North Texas region.
16. Harborfest, the region's largest annual festival which celebrated its 30th year in 2006, is held during the first weekend of June and celebrates the region's proximity and attachment to the water.
17. Due to the region’s proximity to the Pacific Ocean, this ecoregion experiences large amounts of precipitation annually, creating a very humid and wet climate.
18. It is commonly eaten in Northern Germany, due to the region's proximity to the North Sea and Baltic Sea.
19. Neglect by the government was counterbalanced by watchfulness due to the region's proximity to Scotland and because it was effectively a war-zone from the 13th century onwards.
20. The area contains mainly homes owned by US citizens who take advantage of the region's proximity to the US border with Arizona.
21. The interior of the granitic domes are mostly undeformed, however the margins and the greenstone belts are heavily deformed, and the metamorphic grade depends on the region's proximity to the dome-keel margins.
22. The waters surrounding the dome (known as the Western Hemisphere Warm Pool) are considerably warmer due to heating from the sun, given the region's proximity to the equator.
23. The climate of Anchorage and south central Alaska is mild by Alaskan standards due to the region's proximity to the seacoast.
- the seacoast
- less rain
- more snow
- (190 cm
- far more snow
- a subarctic climate
- : Dfc
- its brief, cool summers
- a continental subarctic climate
- The temperature
- a tremendous amount
- the northern side
- a desert
- (25 cm
- the other extreme
- (250 cm
- the highest and lowest temperatures
- The summers
- the 90s
- what precipitation
- The highest and lowest recorded temperatures
- 100 °F
- just 8 mi
- the lowest high temperature
- The lowest official Alaska temperature
- one degree
- the lowest temperature
- the extreme north
- long, very cold winters
- short, cool summers
- the average low temperature
- 34 °F
- many places
- Numerous indigenous peoples
- European peoples
- Linguistic and DNA studies
- the Upward Sun River site