the pigment melanin in a sentence
1. Most eggs contain the pigment melanin which raises their temperature through the absorption of light and also protects them against ultraviolet radiation.
2. Tyrosine is also the precursor to the pigment melanin.
3. The actual skin color of different humans is affected by many substances, although the single most important substance is the pigment melanin.
4. the black is caused by the pigment melanin.
5. These conditions produce white feathers due to the absence of cells which produce the pigment melanin.
6. The color of a person's hair is created by the pigment melanin, found in the core of each hair.
7. Its cells contain the pigment melanin.
8. The most common form is termed partial albinism, in which local areas of the bird's body, such as certain feathers, are lacking the pigment melanin.
9. One of the many functions of copper is to assist in production of connective tissue and the pigment melanin.
10. Genes affecting melanocytes, the cells that produce the pigment melanin, do not alter the structure of melanin but instead affect where and whether it is produced.
11. At one point, along with compressing his skin tighter against his body, Skin was learning to manipulate the pigment melanin in his epidermis in order to appear normal.
12. The pigment melanin is crammed into granules which are grouped into melanophores which cover virtually the whole of the dermis.
13. In melanocytes, melanosomes (vesicles containing the pigment melanin) are transported on microtubules.
14. Melanocytes are commonly known as cells that are responsible for producing the pigment melanin which gives coloration to the hair, skin, and nails.
15. The actual skin colour of different humans is affected by many substances, although the single most important substance determining human skin colour is the pigment melanin.
16. Radiotrophic fungi are fungi which appear to perform radiosynthesis, that is, to use the pigment melanin to convert gamma radiation into chemical energy for growth.
17. In some species the pigment melanin may play a role in extracting energy from ionizing radiation, such as gamma radiation.
18. A melanomorph is a substance related to the pigment melanin.
19. It is located on the plasma membrane of specialized cells known as melanocytes, which produce the pigment melanin through the process of melanogenesis.
20. The pigment melanin is crammed into granules which are grouped into melanophores which cover virtually the whole of the dermis.
21. For example, "Absence of the pigment melanin in the eyes, skin, hair, scales, or feathers."
22. refers only to the pigment melanin.
23. Claude lacks the pigment melanin, which results in his skin color.
24. Claude appears completely white because he lacks the pigment melanin.
25. Each hair follicle is surrounded by many melanocytes (pigment cells), which make and transfer the pigment melanin into a developing hair.
26. Overall skin coloration is determined by the degree to which cells in the skin called melanocytes produce the pigment melanin.
27. Albinism, a group of inherited disorders, results in little or no production of the pigment melanin.
28. Scientists focused on the pigment melanin, which gives human skin its color.
29. Albinism: ABsence of the pigment melanin in the eyes, skin, hair, scales, or feathers.
30. tanning process occurs within the epidermis when melanocyte cells are stimulated by ultraviolet light that causes them to produce the pigment melanin.
- their temperature
- the absorption
- ultraviolet radiation
- some plethodontid salamanders
- certain frogs
- the wood frog
- (Rana sylvatica
- the globular egg cluster
- its surroundings
- its cool northern habitat
- spherical egg masses
- long strings
- terrestrial caecilians
- grape-like clusters
- its similar clusters
- underwater stems
- The greenhouse
- lays eggs
- juvenile frogs
- an intervening larval stage
- Physalaemus pustulosus
- a floating nest
- its eggs
- a raft
- a foam cap
- The foam
- anti-microbial properties
- no detergents
- free-living larvae
- their development
- either aquatic or terrestrial adults
- most lungless salamanders
- miniature adults
- Nectophrynoides spp
- a few days later