the papillae in a sentence
1. These contain keratin which makes them rigid so the papillae act like a hairbrush.
2. With age, the papillae tend to flatten and sometimes increase in number.
3. The papillae also help hold water on the tongue while drinking.
4. The papillae (= small warts like glands) and the trichomes of the lip show great diversity.
5. The most common form for the papillae is the conical form with rounded or pointed tips.
6. The papillae are placed in a single row (uniseriate) and may be up to 84 inches total, (Forster, 1777).
7. Papillary thyroid cancer gets its name from the papillae among its cells, visible on microscopy.
8. Ultimately, necrosis of the papillae results in sloughing into the lumen, causing hematuria.
9. As this sponge is commonly covered in silt, the papillae are often the only part of the animal visible.
10. The fish is dark brown to black in color, except for the clear tips of the papillae and the end of the esca.
11. At the head end are two rhinophores, much larger than the papillae, which house the sensory organs;
12. The papillae rarely fuse and uncommonly branch.
13. The papillae on the skin have pale tips and the underside is pale brown.
14. Erosion of the papillae on the palatal flaps is a good sign of infection.
15. This sea cucumber is a deep blackish-green in colour, and has yellow or red tips to the papillae.
16. The papillae behind the branchial plume bear rounded bioluminescent organs.
17. The papillae (= small warts like glands) and the trichomes of the lip show great diversity.
18. The most common form for the papillae is the conical form with rounded or pointed tips.
19. The outer two thirds of the papillae are also brown, often with a purple iridescent hue at the tips.
20. The papillae are red and there are red patches on the sides of the foot.
21. The body is translucent yellow with more opaque yellow pigment on the papillae, rhinophores and gills.
22. The papillae and rhinophores may be tipped with light orange pigment.
23. The body is translucent white and the papillae and gills are yellow, spotted with orange.
24. The body is purple and the papillae are white.
25. The papillae beside the rhinophores and beside the gills are maroon.
26. There are yellow spots at the bases of the papillae and the base of the oral tentacles is yellow.
27. the papillae are long, with trilobed tips and dark inclusions.
28. The papillae do not have any pores or fissures.
29. The papillae continue along the lobopods, with bases of around 5μm across and about 7μm high.
30. the papillae of the back were brown, only the tip blue.
- the spadefoot toads
- strong biting jaws
- The calls
- occasional soft squeaks
- A clicking sound
- Dicamptodon ensatus
- vocal cords
- a rattling or barking sound
- a quiet squeak
- their voices
- a particular species
- its characteristic call
- a fleeting glimpse
- the sound
- the vocal cords
- an air sac
- a balloon
- a resonator
- the atmosphere
- The main vocalisation
- the male's loud advertisement call
- a female
- other males
- a quieter courtship call
- a more aggressive version
- a male intruder
- the expenditure
- much energy
- Other calls
- the advertisement call
- a release call
- unwanted attempts
- a distress
- fright call
- a scream
- The usually nocturnal Cuban tree frog
- Osteopilus septentrionalis
- a rain call
- the territorial behaviour
- home ranges