the northwest terminus in a sentence
1. (The nearest link to the North American railway network is the northwest terminus of the Canadian National Railway at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, several hundred miles to the southeast.) In 2000, the U.S. Congress authorized $6 million to study the feasibility of a rail link between Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48. Alaska Rail Marine provides car float service between Whittier and Seattle.
2. / 36.533; -82.550 (36.5369, −82.5421), at the intersection of U.S. Routes 11W and 23. Kingsport is the northwest terminus of Interstate 26. US 11W leads east 22 miles (35 km) to Bristol and southwest 28 miles (45 km) to Rogersville, while US 23 leads north 38 miles (61 km) to Big Stone Gap, Virginia.
3. Slightly to the southwest of Bartow Circle is the T intersection of Shore Road and City Island Road, which marks the northwest terminus of the latter road.
4. The southern extension will bring the southeast terminus from Optics Valley Square to 6th Gaoxin Road, and the northwest extension plan will bring the northwest terminus from Jinyintan to Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, providing convenient access for airport and residential areas en route.
5. Danjiangkou is the northwest terminus of the Hankou–Danjiangkou Railway.
6. The highest peak in the range, Big Hatchet Peak, 8,366 feet (2,550 m), is at the northwest terminus of the range;
7. Ruidosa would remain the northwest terminus for fourteen years until the road was finally extended an additional 11.6 miles (18.7 km) to its present terminus at Candelaria on October 21, 1981.
8. Starting at the northwest terminus, the line: The piers were built by Abribus, and a signalling system was designed for their specific use.
9. Paulden is located at the northwest terminus of Lonesome Valley.
10. The northwest terminus of the range merges into hills and a rocky region on the east shore of the Colorado River called The Needles.
11. The northwest terminus trailhead is located at the Town Common.
12. The northwest terminus of the 2.1 miles (3.4 km) segment is located at the Dog Park at North Warren Street, which is the terminus of Phase I. It continues eastward along the southern bank of the Tar River to the confluence of the Tar River and Green Mill Run.
13. to the west and southwest, the Yampai Divide and the Seventyfour Plains form flatlands between four bordering mountain ranges at the northwest terminus of the Arizona transition zone.
14. The three mountain ranges that are at the northwest terminus of the transition zone, and the south perimeter region of the Sevetyfour Plains–Aubrey Valley, are the Aquarius Mountains-(with Aquarius Cliffs), Mohon Mountains, and (due-south of Seligman), the Juniper Mountains.
15. it is located at the northwest terminus region of the Black Mountains (Arizona), and specifically the north region of the Black Mountains.
16. The northwest terminus of the F3, Vadistanbul station, is located within a glass Spheroid structure that connects to the 2nd floor of the Vadistanbul Shopping Center.
17. It is also the northwest terminus of the 46.6 km (29.0 mi) long continuous metro line, consisting of the M1, M2 and M3 lines.
18. The road does not pass through any cities or towns, Between its ending points, the only major local road FM 2017 intersects is Chispa Road, a primitive county road that goes to the Rio Grande and follows the river to the northwest terminus of FM 170 at Candelaria in Presidio County.
19. (The nearest link to the North American railway network is the northwest terminus of the Canadian National Railway at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, several hundred miles to the southeast.) In 2000, the U.S. Congress authorized $6 million to study the feasibility of a rail link between Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48. Alaska Rail Marine provides car float service between Whittier and Seattle.
- the feasibility
- a rail link
- Alaska Rail Marine
- car float service
- road or highway access
- the only modes
- Alaska's well-developed state-owned ferry system
- The ferries transport vehicles
- a ferry service
- the Inside Passage
- The Inter-Island Ferry Authority
- an important marine link
- many communities
- Wales Island region
- cruise lines
- a summertime tourism market
- a lesser degree
- Alaska's gulf coast
- up to four large cruise ships
- Alaska's extremely well developed bush air services
- an Alaskan novelty
- a lesser extent Fairbanks
- many major airlines
- limited highway access
- air travel
- the most efficient form
- extensive remodeling
- the upsurge
- almost two million visitors
- Regular flights
- most villages
- the Essential Air Service program
- the only major airline offering
- jet service
- combination cargo
- Boeing 737-400s
- regional hubs
- other larger communities
- major Southeast and Alaska Peninsula communities
- remaining commercial flight offerings