the massive Good Friday earthquake in a sentence
1. On March 27, 1964, the massive Good Friday earthquake killed 133 people and destroyed several villages and portions of large coastal communities, mainly by the resultant tsunamis and landslides.
2. The massive Good Friday earthquake that hit Alaska in 1964 caused seiches in swimming pools as far away as Puerto Rico.
3. In 1964, the massive "Good Friday earthquake" killed 131 people and leveled several villages.
4. The jökulhlaup occurred annually until it ceased in 1967 due to glacial recession, thought to be associated with the massive Good Friday earthquake of 1964.
5. On March 27, 1964, the massive Good Friday earthquake killed 133 people and destroyed several villages and portions of large coastal communities, mainly by the resultant tsunamis and landslides.
- 133 people
- several villages
- large coastal communities
- the resultant tsunamis
- more than a thousand
- 5:36 pm
- Prudhoe Bay
- the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System
- the Exxon Valdez
- the Prince William Sound
- more than 11 million U.S. gallons
- 42 megaliters
- over 1,100 miles
- 1,800 km
- Pebble Mine
- The Alaska Heritage Resources Survey
- the Office of History and Archaeology
- more than fifty years old
- 31 January 2012
- more than 35,000
- United States Census
- North Dakota
- November 2014