the largest U.S. state in a sentence
1. Alaska is the largest U.S. state by area and the seventh-largest subnational division in the world.
2. Alaska is by far the largest U.S. state by area, and the tenth wealthiest (per capita income).
3. Texas was the largest U.S. state, until Alaska became a state in 1959.
4. The first word of the third line was originally largest, but when Alaska became the largest U.S. state when it was admitted to the United States in 1959, the word was replaced with boldest.
5. At the end of the same year, Pearl Harbor thrust Governor Green into the job of leading one of the largest U.S. state governments during World War II. He won widespread support during the war and was reelected in 1944 to serve a second full term.
6. Alaska is the largest U.S. state by area and the seventh-largest subnational division in the world.
7. Alaska is by far the largest U.S. state by area, and the tenth wealthiest (per capita income).
- the seventh-largest subnational division
- the most sparsely populated state
- the continent's most populous territory
- the 60th parallel
- than quadruple the combined populations
- Alaska's residents
- the Anchorage metropolitan area
- The state capital
- the second-largest city
- more territory
- various indigenous peoples
- the entry point
- the Bering land bridge
- the current state
- this distant possession
- its sale
- several administrative changes
- the 49th state
- the smallest state economies
- a diversified economy
- United States armed forces bases
- more than half the state
- federally owned public land
- national forests
- wildlife refuges
- Alaska's indigenous population
- any U.S. state
- two dozen native languages
- Alaskan Natives
- considerable influence
- local and state politics
- the Russian colonial period
- an Aleut-language idiom
- the mainland
- the action
- the northernmost and westernmost state
- the most easterly longitude
- the only non-contiguous U.S. state
- continental North America