the invertebrates in a sentence
1. This makes the invertebrates paraphyletic, so the term has little meaning in taxonomy.
2. The Invertebrates: A Synthesis.
3. Additionally 135 species of butterflies are among the invertebrates found in Udawalawe.
4. It becomes active at dusk and spends the night hunting for the invertebrates on which it feeds.
5. Hence Hyman has placed them in the invertebrates as an independent phylum.
6. He became known for his work on the taxonomy of the invertebrates, especially of molluscs.
7. At first, the beginners had been called "The Invertebrates."
8. But if [the invertebrates] were to disappear, the land's ecosystems would collapse.
9. Of the invertebrates consumed by the gorillas, termites and ants make up the majority.
10. Its small size would have made it ideal for hunting the invertebrates of the Carboniferous.
11. However, this behavior also occurs in the invertebrates.
12. The majority of the invertebrates that they eat are ants, mole-crickets, and pentatomids.
13. The invertebrates eaten are mainly beetles, spiders, ants, and grasshoppers.
14. Marine invertebrates are the invertebrates that live in marine habitats.
15. They are found in all oceans, and neurologically are the most advanced of the invertebrates.
16. It often sits in the trees above swarming ants to catch the invertebrates escaping the swarm.
17. 52 species of butterflies are among the invertebrates.
18. Zoobenthos are the invertebrates that occupy the benthos of the riverbeds and lakebeds.
19. As the invertebrates feed on the mucilage, excess pollen grains stick to their bodies.
20. The invertebrates provide abundant evidence of Gondwanan ancestry.
21. Among the invertebrates were nautiloids, sand dollars, and sea urchins.
22. At first, the beginners had been called "The Invertebrates."
23. The name is used because of the saucer-like structure in the invertebrates.
24. At first, the beginners had been called "The Invertebrates."
25. However, the species has ingested pesticides from the invertebrates it consumes.
26. Among the invertebrates it eats are copepods, midges, earthworms and amphipods.
27. Cephalopods are widely regarded as the most intelligent of the invertebrates.
28. Small fish feed on the invertebrates and freshwater snails graze on the foliage.
29. Once the plants start to decay, the detritus then sustains the invertebrates also.
30. The invertebrates are also of particular interest, including 23 breeding species of dragonfly.
- Xenohyla truncata
- a large quantity
- its diet
- The Mexican burrowing toad
- a specially adapted tongue
- the tip
- other frogs
- the rear part
- their tongues
- the front
- dim light
- a feeding response
- fish hooks
- red flannel
- green frogs
- This response
- odoriferous prey
- Cave-dwelling amphibians
- immobile prey
- no smell
- complete darkness
- small hinged pedicellate teeth
- a feature
- an uncalcified layer
- one or two rows
- both jaws
- Rana spp
- no teeth
- vomerine teeth
- a facial bone
- unwary invertebrates
- Others amphibians
- the Bufo spp
- the Argentine
- Ceratophrys ornata
- inquisitive prey
- its hind feet
- its yellow toes
- leaf litter frogs
- actively hunt prey