the cloaca in a sentence
1. Most adult placental mammals have no remaining trace of the cloaca.
2. A probe is inserted into the cloaca until it can go no further.
3. The primary sewer in Rome was the Cloaca Maxima;
4. Adults have cylindrical gonads, opening into the cloaca.
5. their scales and the skin folds around the cloaca differ.
6. The cloaca of breeding males is swollen, round and dark-coloured.
7. This was drained by the Tarquins with the Cloaca Maxima.
8. Mating, the male bird hits the cloaca of the female bird.
9. Small (2-mm) rear legs are sometimes visible near the cloaca.
10. Most adult placental mammals have no remaining trace of the cloaca.
11. The Cloaca Maxima (Latin: Cloaca Maxima, lit.
12. The other pair is inside of the lips of the cloaca.
13. The egg may be stuck near the cloaca, or further inside.
14. Many iterations of the Cloaca Machine have since been produced;
15. The cloaca of males swells during breeding season.
16. Two thread-like projections spicules originate from the cloaca.
17. The cloaca is lacking.
18. three enlarged tubercles on either side of the cloaca;
19. This plate lies just below the opening to the cloaca.
20. The most common genital among birds is the cloaca;
21. The flat, disc-like area surrounding the cloaca is creamy white.
22. It has a chestnut crissum (the area around the cloaca).
23. This causes the wall of the cloaca to tear and the anus to gape.
24. Reproductive organs are found within the cloaca of reptiles.
25. All have paired, internal gonads, connected by ducts to the cloaca.
26. urine is excreted through the cloaca.
27. Public latrines were built over the Cloaca Maxima.
28. The Cloaca Maxima is one of the world's earliest sewage systems.
29. Adults have cylindrical gonads, opening into the cloaca.
30. The cloaca is large and black, but there are no Cuvierian tubules.
- the vent
- The spermatozoa move
- the spermatheca
- Courtship rituals
- an embrace
- Certain primitive salamanders
- the egg mass
- a few exceptions
- his forelimbs
- the back legs
- their cloacae
- Roughened nuptial pads
- the male's hands aid
- (Oophaga granulifera
- opposite directions
- The tailed frog
- Ascaphus truei
- The "tail
- This frog
- fast-flowing streams
- storage tubes
- the following spring
- Most frogs
- either prolonged or explosive breeders
- prolonged breeders
- a breeding site
- Other satellite males
- their opportunity
- mate selection
- More females
- due course
- the breeding season
- Explosive breeders
- temporary pools
- dry regions
- fossorial species
- heavy rains
- the calling
- the first male
- a suitable place