the broken promise in a sentence
1. He invoked Apollo and asked the god to avenge the broken promise.
2. The movie Kadawunu Poronduwa (The Broken Promise), produced by S. M. Nayagam of Chitra Kala Movietone, heralded the coming of Sri Lankan cinema in 1947.
3. Triumph & Demise: The Broken Promise of a Labor Generation (2014) chronicles the rise and fall of the Australian Labor Party governments of Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard (2007–2013).
4. He was also upset over the broken promise of filming Blood and Sand in Spain, and the failure to shoot the next proposed film in either Spain or at least New York.
5. Zia's policy severely tainted his credibility as many saw the broken promise as malicious.
6. The phrase "40 acres and a mule" has come to symbolize the broken promise that Reconstruction policies would offer economic justice for African Americans.
7. Pensions: The Broken Promise (1972);
8. On September 12, 1972, NBC broadcast an hour-long television special, Pensions: The Broken Promise, that showed millions of Americans the consequences of poorly funded pension plans and onerous vesting requirements.
9. The executive jet with the tail number N379P was again brought to public attention by Swedish TV4's documentary, Det brutna löftet ("The broken promise"), aired May 17, 2004.
10. In 2004's WWDC keynote address, Jobs addressed the broken promise, saying IBM had trouble moving to a fabrication process lower than the 90 nm process.
11. The movie Kadawunu Poronduwa (The broken promise), produced by S. M. Nayagam of Chitra Kala Movietone, heralded the coming of Sri Lankan cinema in 1947.
12. Fans supporting Portune cite what they feel is the broken promise that the Bengals would "be more competitive" with a new stadium.
13. This, added to the broken promise of Charles, only increased hostility towards the king.
14. Despite the broken promise, the fairy lover eventually appears to justify Lanval, and to take him with her to Avalon.
15. Humbert explains that she is Anabell, a young girl that he was in love with years ago (“In the Broken-Promise Land of Fifteen”).
16. "The Broken Promise".
17. "The Broken Promise".
18. series on ABC, starting with the episode A Substantial Gift (The Broken Promise).
19. The controversy centred around the broken promise by the Planning Minister in the state government, Stirling Hinchliffe who said that the items would be preserved.
20. But it was not until 1949 when the Karen attacked Rangoon, triggered by the broken promise of independence.
21. Kadawunu Poronduwa (Sinhala: කඩවුනු පොරොන්දුව, "The Broken Promise") was the first film to be made in the Sinhala language;
22. Clootie, infuriated by the broken promise of marriage summoned meteoric rocks from Chaos to obliterate Inchnadamph and MacLeod's kingdom.
23. A Substantial Gift (The Broken Promise) is the first episode of the television series Police Squad!. It was written and directed by Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker.
24. John Abramson is an American physician and the author of the book Overdosed America: The Broken Promise of American Medicine.
25. Sairin chose Kouko as the next king and continues to always carry a branch with leaves on it, as a memento of the broken promise Shishou had made to her that he would govern his country well.
26. "Broken Promise Land" is a song written by Bill Rice and Sharon Vaughn, and recorded by American country music singer Waylon Jennings in 1985 for his album Turn the Page as "The Broken Promise Land".
27. John Schneider recorded a cover of the song also as "The Broken Promise Land" on his 1986 album Take The Long Way Home on MCA Records which peaked at #17 that year on the U.S. country charts.
28. One significant example is the broken promise to relocate the American Military base in Okinawa.
29. In January 2007, as reaction of the broken promise, the United Struggle Front of the poor for Liberation (Sadhujana Vimochana Samyuktha Vedi, SJVSV) started the first attempt to reclaim land.
30. The media reported that the broken promise saved the state $1.9 million, but "The cost to those students — in academic opportunities and scholarship dollars — cannot be calculated."
- a lyre-playing contest
- Apollo functions
- the duties
- safe journey
- a ship
- Cretan sailors
- a storm
- their ship
- a terrible storm
- his patron
- his bow and golden arrow
- a great tempest
- his journey homeward
- a token
- the epithet Epibaterius
- ("the embarker
- the Trojan camp
- many offerings
- gentle breezes
- the Greek camp
- a poet
- some sailors
- the rich prizes
- the last time
- the sailors
- the god's help
- numerous dolphins
- the water
- the dolphins
- the Titans
- his throne
- the entire Trojan War
- a terrible plague
- the Greek heroes
- numerous Greek soldiers
- many Trojan heroes
- the most important one
- the remains
- the camps