the Russian immigrants in a sentence
1. Intermarriage with Alaskan Natives helped the Russian immigrants integrate into society.
2. Much of this growth is in Brooklyn, which in 2012 was 23% Jewish and where most of the Russian immigrants live and nearly all of the ultra-orthodox.
3. he took a prominent part in the proceedings of the Jewish Ministers' Association, held a seat in the central board of the Alliance Israélite Universelle in Paris, was on the committee of the Meḳiẓe Nirdamim, was one of the vice-presidents of the American Federation of Zionists, and was active in relieving the needs, material and intellectual, of the Russian immigrants.
4. Besides, having maintained strong contacts with influential French politics lobbying the interests of the Russian immigrants, both ensured that the Russian writers should get some financial support from the French government.
5. Intermarriage with Alaskan Natives helped the Russian immigrants integrate into society.
6. The weakening of the Zionist ethos and disappearance of the melting pot perception brought more tolerance from the Israeli society to the attempts of the Russian immigrants to preserve their culture.
7. The Russian immigrants brought the battle reconstruction hobby into Israel, founding a few clubs.
8. In addition, Maoz credited the Russian immigrants, who tended to be more ambitious and highly educated than native Israelis, with indirectly boosting native Israelis' productivity by causing more of them to work harder and pursue higher education in order to compete.
9. In his book from 2001 "The Invention and Decline of Israeliness: State, Culture and Military in Israel", the Israeli sociologist Baruch Kimmerling identified and divided the modern Israeli society into seven population groups (seven subcultures): The secular upper-middle class group, the national religious group, the traditionalist Mizrahim group, the Orthodox religious group, the Arab citizens of Israel, the Russian immigrants group and the Ethiopian immigrants group.
10. For a short while the Russian immigrants were interned in the Norwegian military camp Værnesmoen.
11. The story is set in New York City in the 1980s and begins with a description of the narrator's neighbourhood and the Russian immigrants who live there.
12. The Queensland liberal conservative government was strongly anti-socialist and regarded the Russian immigrants with suspicion.
13. Intermarriage with Alaskan Natives helped the Russian immigrants integrate into society.
- an increasing number
- Russian Orthodox churches
- the largest Quaker population
- 6,000 Jews
- whom observance
- special problems
- other Asian religious communities
- an estimated 2,000–3,000 Hindus
- The Islamic Community Center
- a mosque
- a building
- south Anchorage
- the mosque
- the northernmost mosques
- a Bahá'í Center
- The 2018 gross state product
- Its per capita personal income
- a 2013 study
- the fifth-largest number
- a ratio
- The oil and gas industry
- the Alaskan economy
- the state's revenues
- petroleum extraction
- Alaska's main export product
- primarily salmon
- a very small fraction
- nursery stock
- dairy products
- most foodstuffs
- general goods
- natural resource extraction
- a significant component
- Federal subsidies
- Its industrial outputs
- crude petroleum
- precious metals
- other mining
- seafood processing
- a growing service and tourism sector