the Permanent Fund Dividend in a sentence
1. To qualify for the Permanent Fund Dividend, one must have lived in the state for a minimum of 12 months, maintain constant residency subject to allowable absences, and not be subject to court judgments or criminal convictions which fall under various disqualifying classifications or may subject the payment amount to civil garnishment.
2. The main use for the fund's revenue has been to payout the Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD), which many authors portray as the only example of a Basic Income in practice.
3. The Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) is a dividend paid to Alaska residents that have lived within the state for a full calendar year (January 1 – December 31), and intend to remain an Alaska resident indefinitely.
4. In 1980, the Alaska Legislature created the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation to manage the investments of the Permanent Fund, and it passed the Permanent Fund Dividend program, which provided for annual payments to Alaskans from the interest earned by the fund.
5. Hammond spent much of the conference holding court outside of the Wood Center ballroom where sessions were held, espousing his own solutions, which included doubling the amount of the Permanent Fund dividend and restoring the state income tax, the latter of which was strongly opposed by Murkowski.
6. Protect the Permanent Fund Dividend;
7. Hoffman is the chair of the Senate Finance Committee, whose plan to address the fiscal crisis focuses on cutting services and capping the Permanent Fund Dividend.
8. Attorneys for Smith say that she was denied application for a state oil-wealth fund check, the Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD), because of her same-sex marriage.
9. After years of political negotiations about what to do with the returns to the fund, Jay Hammond used the power of his office to craft an agreement to create a genuine universal basic income--the Permanent Fund Dividend.
10. To qualify for the Permanent Fund Dividend, one must have lived in the state for a minimum of 12 months, maintain constant residency subject to allowable absences, and not be subject to court judgments or criminal convictions which fall under various disqualifying classifications or may subject the payment amount to civil garnishment.
11. According to Shaw, he was blocked due to his stance on the amount of the Permanent Fund Dividend: Shaw supports a $3,000 dividend, while some Senate Republicans favor withdrawing less from the fund.
- United States Postal Service
- a Cost of Living Allowance
- Rural Alaska
- the Matanuska Valley
- about 40 miles
- 64 km
- about 60 miles
- 97 km
- summer days
- The Tanana Valley
- about 100 miles
- 160 km
- Fort Greely