the Cessna Caravan in a sentence
1. The smallest towns and villages must rely on scheduled or chartered bush flying services using general aviation aircraft such as the Cessna Caravan, the most popular aircraft in use in the state.
2. Production of the Cessna Caravan began.
3. As jet fuel can be easier to obtain than avgas in remote areas, turboprop-powered aircraft like the Cessna Caravan and Quest Kodiak are used as bush airplanes.
4. The Cessna Caravan and Pilatus PC-12 are single-engined turboprops, sometimes used as small airliners, although many countries stipulate a minimum requirement of two engines for aircraft to be used as airliners.
5. The local airlines generally fly small single-engine equipment, such as the Cessna Caravan.
6. The French VoltAero Cassio based on the Cessna 337 Skymaster like the U.S. Ampaire, U.S. Wright Electric works with Spain’s Axter Aerospace to re-engine a nine-seater and the Cessna Caravan is re-engined with a MagniX electric motor.
7. With the increased availability of airstrips in remote communities, fewer amphibious aircraft are manufactured today than in the past, although a handful of amphibious aircraft are still produced, such as the Bombardier 415, ICON A5, and the amphibious-float equipped version of the Cessna Caravan.
8. Even large, passenger-carrying single-engine airplanes like the Cessna Caravan must be subjected to one-turn spins by a test pilot and repeatedly demonstrated to recover within no more than one additional turn.
9. In 2002 the Cessna Caravan was upgraded to a Metro III, 19 seater.
10. The smallest towns and villages must rely on scheduled or chartered bush flying services using general aviation aircraft such as the Cessna Caravan, the most popular aircraft in use in the state.
11. Andy Higgs' Advanced Component Engineering designed a step piston 1,000 hp (750 kW) V12 weighing 665 lb /302 kg with the reduction gearbox to replace low-end, 580 to 1,200 hp PT6s like in the Cessna Caravan;
12. On Wednesday, August 31, 2016, a collision occurred near Russian Mission Airport involving a Ravn Connect Cessna Caravan 208B EX aircraft that had been leased from Hageland Aviation Services and a Renfro's Alaskan Adventures Piper PA-18 Super Cub, killing the three people on board the Cessna Caravan 208B and the two on board the Piper aircraft.
13. The Cessna Caravan was removed from the fleet as a result.
14. At around 4PM local time on July 4, the Cessna Caravan was preparing to depart for the return leg of the hour-long daily scheduled flight from The Pas/Grace Lake Airport, Manitoba, to Pukatawagan Airport.
15. Southern Airways Express operates the Cessna Caravan aircraft on its scheduled service flights.
16. On July 27, 2012, the Cessna Caravan 208B aircraft were replaced by the 30-seat Embraer 120 aircraft for commercial flights from Porlamar to Carúpano and Maturín, and including flights to Tucupita and Maracay and the Carúpano route to Caracas.
17. He also worked on the Australian designed and built Explorer, a cargo airplane which is faster than the Cessna Caravan.
18. The smallest towns and villages must rely on scheduled or chartered bush flying services using general aviation aircraft such as the Cessna Caravan, the most popular aircraft in use in the state.
- Lake Hood
- the mid-late 1920s
- 1,850 km
- 1,049 miles
- 1,688 km
- each March
- The "Serum Run"
- Alaska Communications
- United Fiber Optic
- January 2011
- $1 billion
- $350 million
- the Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska Senate
- the Alaska Supreme Court
- The Alaska Legislature
- House of Representatives
- the Alaska Court of Appeals
- up to $100,000
- the Court of Appeals
- the early 1970s
- Alaska Natives
- the Alaskan Independence Party
- Wally Hickel
- February 24, 2015
- October 2016