the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra in a sentence
1. The most prominent orchestra in Alaska is the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra, though the Fairbanks Symphony Orchestra and Juneau Symphony are also notable.
2. The most prominent symphony orchestra in Alaska is the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra.
3. The Anchorage Symphony Orchestra (ASO) is a professional symphony orchestra located in Anchorage, Alaska.
4. The Anchorage Symphony Orchestra was founded in 1946, more than a decade before Alaska became a state, by a consortium of like-minded musicians looking for a musical outlet.
5. Opened in 1988, it hosts over 200,000 patrons annually, and consists of three theaters: Resident companies include the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra, the Anchorage Opera (Alaska's only professional opera company), the Alaska Dance Theatre, the Alaska Junior Theater, the Anchorage Concert Association (Alaska's largest Arts Promoter), Perseverance Theatre and the Anchorage Concert Chorus.
6. Orchestras include the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra and the Anchorage Youth Symphony.
7. In 2008 he co-produced with the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra the world premier of Echoes, a multi-media symphonic composition by Randall Craig Fleischer that couples the indigenous song and dance of Hawaii, Alaska and Native America with a symphony orchestra.
8. Pinkerton conducted the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra for four years (1963-67) where he incorporated select high school student musicians.
9. (Some AYS members concurrently perform with the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra.) Group tours over the years have included Canada, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Washington D.C., Washington state, California, and New York, as well as locations throughout Alaska.
10. The AYS Music Director/Conductor is Linn Weeda, who studied trumpet with Armando Ghitalla and Roger Voisin and performs with the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra.
11. She is a former musician and member of the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra.
12. Jefford was a violinist who became a co-founder of the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra.
13. In the 1940s, Ruth was one of seven musicians who formed the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra.
14. inside West Anchorage High School, away from the −40 °F (−40 °C) weather, the family was joined on stage by the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra and future McLain band member Michael Riopel.
15. The most prominent orchestra in Alaska is the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra, though the Fairbanks Symphony Orchestra and Juneau Symphony are also notable.
- the Fairbanks Symphony Orchestra
- Juneau Symphony
- The Anchorage Opera
- Alaska's Flag
- Austin E. Lathrop
- the Alaska Moving Picture Corporation
- Ray Mala