the 1970 merger in a sentence
1. They were one of three NFL teams to join those of the American Football League (AFL) to form the AFC following the 1970 merger.
2. As the 1970 merger of the NFL and AFL approached, CBS moved to a more generic announcer approach and Schenkel was off the broadcasts.
3. The AFL switched to the NFL uniform for 1968 in anticipation of the 1970 merger.
4. The 1970 AFC champion Baltimore Colts had been the favorite in Super Bowl V, but they were an original NFL franchise prior the 1970 merger.
5. The Northern Pacific became part of the 1970 merger into the Burlington Northern Railroad;
6. It was inherited in the 1970 merger by Burlington Northern.
7. Football Nation named Lamonica the 67th best quarterback since the 1970 merger.
8. ^ d: Includes appearances during their first tenure in Oakland (the 1970 merger until 1981), where they went 2–5 in AFC Championship Games;
9. ^ e: Includes appearances as the Baltimore Colts (the 1970 merger to 1983), where they went 1–1 in AFC Championship Games.
10. ^ f: Includes appearances as the Houston Oilers (the 1970 merger to 1996), where they went 0–2 in AFC Championship Games.
11. No Saturday game was scheduled in 2013, the first time since the 1970 merger that the NFL did not play any regular season games on Saturday.
12. After the 1970 merger, the NFL decided to keep only the traditional Detroit and Dallas games.
13. this was the rubber match before the Browns would move to the American Conference in the 1970 merger/realignment.
14. The Broncos were the second team since the 1970 merger to win a Super Bowl (Oakland Raiders won in 1980) as a Wild Card team;
15. The club play at Beeches View, which had been the home ground of Albion Rovers prior to the 1970 merger.
16. After the 1970 merger with Park School, Tudor Hall was consolidated with Park School into the new College Avenue campus.
17. Hamworthy moved to the County Ground in 1950, with the ground becoming home to the new club after the 1970 merger.
18. Subsidiary Industrias Kaiser Argentina (IKA) produced this engine in Argentina after the 1970 merger and used it in a variety of vehicles.
19. It was formed through the 1970 merger of Marly-le-Grand and Marly-le-Petit and the 1976 addition of the former municipality of Chésalles.
20. He was also one of the principal architects of the 1970 merger that created the Burlington Northern;
21. Starting with the 1970 merger with the American Football League the NFL expanded its playoffs to 8 teams total.
22. Formed from the 1970 merger of the Daily Journal (1903) and the Medina Register, the paper ceased publication at the end of May 2014.
23. The 1970 merger placed the 10 AFL teams (along with 3 teams from the pre-1970 NFL) into the 13-team AFC.
24. The team is one of only three teams since the 1970 merger to start the season 1-5 or worse and qualify for the playoffs.
25. The club had four game-winning field goals in 2004, the most by the team since the 1970 merger.
26. This made him the first defender to catch and complete a pass in the same game since the 1970 merger.
27. As the 1970 merger of the NFL and AFL approached, CBS moved to a more generic announcer approach and Schenkel was off the broadcasts.
28. After leading the 1970 merger with Caledonian Airways to form British Caledonian, he then returned to chair Bristow Helicopters.
29. The Steelers fell to 9-1 when facing a team for a third time in the same season since the 1970 merger, 9-2 overall in such situations.
30. As the 1970 merger of the NFL and AFL approached, CBS moved to a more generic announcer approach while Schenkel left to join ABC Sports.
- the rival American Football League
- the former AFL teams
- three NFL teams
- the AFC
- the remaining thirteen NFL clubs
- the NFC
- league expansions
- division realignments
- the merger
- the current total
- 16 clubs
- each conference
- The current AFC champions
- the 2019 AFC Championship Game
- their first conference championship
- team history
- the conference
- four divisions
- four teams
- the thirteen opponents
- each team
- the 16-game regular season schedule
- a pre-determined formula
- Each AFC team
- the other teams
- their respective division
- 10 other games
- their schedule
- the NFL
- a particular team's final divisional standing
- The remaining 8 games
- the roster
- two other NFL divisions
- a standard cycle
- the 2012 regular season schedule
- the AFC West
- every team
- the AFC North and NFC South
- non-divisional competition
- common opponents