terrestrial vertebrates in a sentence
1. Theria) The first fully terrestrial vertebrates were amniotes.
2. Because of this, birds usually have a smaller number of bones than other terrestrial vertebrates.
3. Therapsids and archosaurs were the chief terrestrial vertebrates during this time.
4. Shark skeletons are very different from those of bony fish and terrestrial vertebrates.
5. Their prey includes both arboreal and terrestrial vertebrates.
6. These large Falco species feed on mid-sized birds and terrestrial vertebrates.
7. In terrestrial vertebrates, the earliest forms were large amphibious piscivores 400 million years ago.
8. It is generally agreed that birds have the most species of all terrestrial vertebrates.
9. Wallacea is home to 82 threatened and six critically endangered species of terrestrial vertebrates.
10. Most recent authors, however, have instead suggested a diet of small terrestrial vertebrates.
11. Oxyaenids were specialized carnivores that preyed on other terrestrial vertebrates, eggs and insects.
12. Insects are prey for a variety of organisms, including terrestrial vertebrates.
13. Birds have the most species of any class of terrestrial vertebrates.
14. He worked with Goldman for ten years surveying Mexican terrestrial vertebrates.
15. Because of this, birds usually have a smaller number of bones than other terrestrial vertebrates.
16. Eyes are essential for organisms, especially terrestrial vertebrates, to observe prey and obstacles;
17. Adults usually feed on terrestrial vertebrates and invertebrates.
18. Sues has edited Evolution of Herbivory in Terrestrial Vertebrates (Cambridge Univ.
19. However, similarities also exist among the feet of many different terrestrial vertebrates.
20. Insects are prey for a variety of organisms, including terrestrial vertebrates.
21. both humans and owl have reached the limit of resolution for the retinas of terrestrial vertebrates.
22. of British Columbia's terrestrial vertebrates and marine mammals.
23. The group of terrestrial vertebrates with the greatest diversity of documented species are birds.
24. Compared to terrestrial vertebrates, fish lenses are generally more dense and spherical.
25. Like the states marine invertebrates, its terrestrial vertebrates were adapted to cold climates.
26. Late in the Permian therapsids became the dominant large-bodied terrestrial vertebrates.
27. The park records 220 species of terrestrial vertebrates.
28. others from indeterminate terrestrial vertebrates.
29. The sense of sight is well developed in terrestrial vertebrates with binocular vision.
30. In fact, they're the most plentiful and diverse group of terrestrial vertebrates on the planet.
- highly cornified outer layers
- a moulting process
- the pituitary and thyroid glands
- Local thickenings
- The outside
- one piece
- the sloughed skin
- dermal scales
- the dermis
- the furrows
- The similarity
- the scales
- bony fish
- some frogs
- somewhat similar osteoderms
- bony deposits
- convergent evolution
- similar structures
- diverse vertebrate lineages
- Amphibian skin
- cutaneous respiration
- adult amphibians
- their thin and delicate skin
- mucous glands
- The secretions
- these help
- the skin moist
- granular glands
- distasteful or poisonous substances
- Some amphibian toxins
- little effect
- The main poison-producing glands
- the parotoids
- the neurotoxin bufotoxin
- the backs
- the upper surface
- The skin colour
- three layers
- pigment cells
- These three cell layers