subpunctatus in a sentence
1. The male Colostethus subpunctatus, a tiny frog, protects the egg cluster which is hidden under a stone or log.
2. The tiny male Colostethus subpunctatus stands guard over his egg cluster, laid under a stone or log.
3. Among snakes are the beaked worm snake (Grypotyphlops acutus), the endemic shield-tailed snakes like Uropeltis ellioti, Uropeltis shorttii, the recently described Rhinophis goweri, the endangered Indian rock python (Python molurus), Forsten's cat snake (Boiga forsteni), yellow-green cat snake (Boiga flaviviridis), Srilankan flying snake (Chrysopelea taprobanica), Nagarjun Sagar racer (Coluber bholanathi), green keelback (Rhabdophis plumbicolor), Duméril's black-headed snake (Sibynophis subpunctatus), Indian reed snake (Liopeltis calamaria).
4. Sibynophis subpunctatus, commonly known as Duméril's black-headed snake or Jerdon's many-toothed snake, is a species of nonvenomous colubrid snake endemic to Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.
5. Sibynophis subpunctatus is active by day as well as at night.
6. Sibynophis subpunctatus occurs in Bangladesh, the Western Ghats of India and in Sri Lanka.
7. Its only species, Syngonorthus subpunctatus, is found in Borneo and Sumatra.
8. The cream-backed poison frog (Hyloxalus subpunctatus) is a species of frog in the family Dendrobatidae endemic to Colombia.
9. Originally called Dendrobates subpunctatus, its name was changed to Colostethus subpuctatus once the family Dendrobatidae underwent a division of species and genera other than Dendrobates were coined.
10. Like many of the genus Hyloxalus, H. subpunctatus possesses fairly weak toxins, compared to those of other dendrobatids.
11. However, H. subpunctatus is still vulnerable to more determined predators, such as snakes, which is further evidence that it may be a fairly young species compared to other inedible or even deadly dendrobatids.
12. H. subpunctatus may be one of the most primitive poison dart frogs, as it bears several similarities to hylids, such as long, narrow toes with suckerlike discs at the ends to help it grip leaves, slight webbing between its toes, and cryptic coloration.
13. Abacetus subpunctatus is a species of ground beetle in the subfamily Pterostichinae.
14. Amphibians registered are among others the green dotted treefrog (Hyla labialis) and the cream-backed poison frog (Colostethus subpunctatus).
15. Amphibians registered in Torca are among others the green dotted treefrog (Hyla labialis) and the cream-backed poison frog (Colostethus subpunctatus).
16. Melanaethus subpunctatus is a species of burrowing bug in the family Cydnidae.
- Many caecilians
- some other amphibians
- the newly hatched larvae wriggle
- Salamandra atra
- the African live-bearing toads
- (Nectophrynoides spp
- Their larvae feed
- the female's oviduct
- long periods
- Other amphibians
- not caecilians
- the parent's body
- the larvae subsist
- the yolks
- no nourishment
- The larvae emerge
- varying stages
- their growth
- their species
- The toad
- these developmental patterns