no external ear in a sentence
1. There is no external ear, but the large circular eardrum lies on the surface of the head just behind the eye.
2. They are able to hear, although no external ear is present, and have unique features in their skeleton, some of them apparently evolutionarily retained from fish.
3. Porpoises have a bulbous head, no external ear flaps, a non-flexible neck, a torpedo shaped body, limbs modified into flippers, and a tail fin.
4. Sea turtles have no external ear and only one ear bone, called the columella.
5. The genus Cophosaurus and the genus Holbrookia are both characterized by having no external ear openings, presumably to prevent sand from entering their bodies as they dig.
6. Phocids (true seals) are characterized by having no external ear and reduced limbs.
7. They are characterized by having no external ear openings, presumably to prevent soil from entering their bodies when they are digging.
8. Sea turtles have no external ear and only one ear bone, called the columella.
9. As with all species and subspecies of earless lizard, they have no external ear openings.
10. Like all species of earless lizards, it has no external ear openings.
11. They grow from 4.5 to 6 inches in length, and like all earless lizards, they have no external ear openings.
12. No external ear is present, the opening for the reduced structure is covered in a dense layer of hairs.
13. however, this left almost no external ear on the dog.
14. These slender skinks have small eyes with no eyelids and no external ear openings.
- the large circular eardrum
- a single bone
- the inner ear
- Only high-frequency sounds
- mating calls
- low-frequency noises
- another mechanism
- Several hundred
- the Pacific Platymantis
- any time of year
- increasing day
- each rainy season
- Rana sylvatica
- about two weeks