miniature adults in a sentence
1. Viviparous species give birth to relatively developed young which look like miniature adults.
2. In most species, "miniature adults" emerge when the eggs hatch, but a few large species produce plankton-like larvae.
3. They are hermaphrodites, the marine species producing eggs which develop directly into miniature adults.
4. This change can be traced in paintings: In the Middle Ages, children were portrayed in art as miniature adults with no childlike characteristics.
5. After the first molt, they look like miniature adults but with bright red palps and leave the burrow.
6. Parents are reminded that children view the world from a different perspective and should not be expected to act like miniature adults.
7. Here they are fertilised and retained, development of the embryos in the brood pouch being direct with the young hatching from the eggs as miniature adults.
8. In most species "miniature adults" emerge when the eggs hatch, but a few large species produce plankton-like larvae.
9. Starfish that brood their young generally lack a bipinnaria stage, with the eggs developing directly into miniature adults.
10. A few species, such as Saccoglossus kowalevskii, lack even the planktonic larval stage, hatching directly as miniature adults.
11. Arthropod hatchlings vary from miniature adults to grubs that lack jointed limbs and eventually undergo a total metamorphosis to produce the adult form.
12. The Brachycephalidae all have direct development and hatch like miniature adults rather than as tadpoles like most frogs.
13. The young or fry look like miniature adults, are independent from birth, and receive no further parental care.
14. Eggs hatch in early spring, and nymphs resemble miniature adults.
15. The cave squeaker undergoes direct development, forgoing existence as a tadpole and hatching directly as miniature adults.
16. instead, the young hatch into miniature adults, and fully metamorphosed adult individuals are characterized by a nasolabial groove that aids in chemoreception.
17. The young emerge as miniature adults about 2 cm (0.8 in) without an intervening tadpole phase.
18. Eggs are laid among rocks and hatch into miniature adults, bypassing a larval stage.
19. All produce eggs, from which may emerge trochophore larvae, more complex veliger larvae, or miniature adults.
20. Arthropod hatchlings vary from miniature adults to grubs that lack jointed limbs and eventually undergo a total metamorphosis to produce the adult form.
21. Nearly all produce eggs, from which may emerge trochophore larvae, more complex veliger larvae, or miniature adults.
22. All produce eggs, from which may emerge trochophore larvae, more complex veliger larvae, or miniature adults.
23. When "born", the young resemble miniature adults.
24. The paralarvae resemble miniature adults and are remarkable for already having the capability to change body colouration upon hatching.
25. They resemble miniature adults and are already strong swimmers.
26. Like all amphipods, caprellids lack a planktonic larval stage and the hatchlings resemble miniature adults.
27. Despite these decades of refutation, the Ariès thesis persists in non-academics, who associate medieval children with "miniature adults".
28. All clitellates hatch as miniature adults rather than larvae.
29. Small batches of eggs are laid in gelatinous masses and develop directly into miniature adults.
30. The eggs undergo direct development, hatching directly into miniature adults 2 to 4 mm (0.08 to 0.16 in) long.
- Nectophrynoides spp
- a few days later
- about a day
- Necturus, Proteus and Amphiuma
- Sri Lanka
- the age of about ten months
- maternal dermatophagy
- about seven minutes
- approximately three days
- up to 20%
- two or three months
- up to eight weeks