its writing system in a sentence
1. Its writing system has been the Greek alphabet for the major part of its history;
2. William Schniedewind argues that after waning in the Persian Period, the religious importance of Hebrew grew in the Hellenistic and Roman periods, and cites epigraphical evidence that Hebrew survived as a vernacular language — though both its grammar and its writing system had been substantially influenced by Aramaic.
3. Japanese has no clear genealogical relationship with Chinese, although it makes prevalent use of Chinese characters, or kanji (漢字), in its writing system, and a large portion of its vocabulary is borrowed from Chinese.
4. Bible translations into Sorbian provided the foundations for its writing system.
5. Coptic provides the clearest indication of Later Egyptian phonology from its writing system, which fully indicates vowel sounds and occasionally stress pattern.
6. Modern Korean however, has spaces as an essential part to its writing system, given the phonetic nature of the hangul script that requires word dividers to avoid ambiguity, as opposed to Chinese characters which are mostly very distinguishable from each other.
7. The introduction has not been successful due to the complexities of the Qiang sound system and the concomitant difficulty of its writing system, as well as the diversity of the Qiang dialects and the lack of reading material.
8. ISCII does not encode the writing systems of India based on Persian, but its writing system switching codes nonetheless provide for Kashmiri, Sindhi, Urdu, Persian, Pashto and Arabic.
9. Augustinian missionaries studied the Kapampangan language and its writing system.
10. There still remains no consensus among linguists about the proper definition of "word" in a spoken language that is independent of its writing system, nor about the precise distinction between it and "morpheme".
11. In terms of its writing system, Cantonese, traditionally preferred not to write their own language verbatim and instead relied on classical Chinese in most forms of writing.
12. Although Macedonian is closely related to Bulgarian, its writing system does not use the yer.
13. Some examples include: Kosraean uses the Latin alphabet as its writing system, as it had not been documented in written form prior to Lee's dictionary in the 1970s.
14. It uses the Bengali script as its writing system.
15. Arabic has a similar situation, but its writing system (an abjad) reflects the pronunciation and grammar of a common literary language (Modern Standard Arabic).
16. The collation or lexicographical ordering of a dictionary generally depends upon its writing system.
17. Several major difficulties stand out: While English uses an alphabet, Chinese uses hanzi, or Chinese characters, as its writing system.
18. In 1866, he submitted an unsolicited proposal to shōgun Tokugawa Yoshinobu that Japan abolish the use of kanji (Chinese characters) in its writing system.
19. The Meroitic language and its writing system was used in Meroë and the wider Kingdom of Kush (in modern day Sudan) during the Meroitic period.
20. Consequently, Singapore began to adopt Hanyu Pinyin and changed its writing system from Traditional Chinese characters to Simplified Chinese characters.
21. China has strongly influenced Japan with its writing system, architecture, culture, religion, philosophy, and law.
22. Its writing system uses the Devanagari script.
23. Colas pursued doctorate studies in anthropology at Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn (University of Bonn), where his major studies focussed on the Classic-era Maya civilization and its writing system, the Maya script.
24. As an Americanist scholar, her area of expertise is in the field of Mesoamerican studies, and in particular that of the pre-Columbian Maya civilisation, its historical literature, and its writing system.
25. She also says that "fellow conlangers consider Kēlen to be efficient, elegant, strange and innovative, and its writing system is greatly admired."
26. Among the characteristics of its writing system is an archaic, B-like glyph shape for the letter E (epsilon), a feature found regularly in early inscriptions from Megara and nearby Corinth.
27. In 1985, Chinggeltei published his Study of the Lesser Khitan Script , a significant milestone in the study of the Khitan language and its writing system.
28. The Zaramo language uses latin script for its writing system.
29. particularly from China with its writing system, architecture, culture, religion, philosophy, and law, many of which were introduced by the Kingdom of Baekje.
30. For example, in this period Finnish adopted the Latin alphabet as its writing system and approximately 1100 Swedish loanwords, though most of them are originally from Latin or Greek.
- writing systems
- an alphabet correspond
- one language
- a single language
- a one-to-one correspondence
- National languages
- the national standard
- Some national languages
- a very regular spelling system
- a nearly one-to-one correspondence
- these national languages
- the verb
- its letters
- the closest match
- its syllables
- the Italian verb
- many Italians
- Italian spelling
- standard Spanish
- certain phonemes
- more than one way
- a given letter
- its silent letters
- its heavy use
- nasal vowels
- much correspondence
- its rules
- a fair degree
- the pronunciations
- many words
- the orthography
- different times
- their original spelling
- varying levels
- Even English
- general, albeit complex
- a higher failure rate
- the written language
- a spelling reform
- the contemporary spoken language