his hubris in a sentence
1. Apollodorus states that the gods willingly went to the king disguised as humans in order to check his hubris.
2. Marsyas was a satyr who was punished by Apollo for his hubris.
3. Apollo flayed the limbs of Marsyas alive in a cave near Celaenae in Phrygia for his hubris to challenge a god.
4. The aulos was picked up by the satyr Marsyas, who was later killed by Apollo for his hubris.
5. The primary characteristic of Satan, aside from his hubris and despair, is his ability to cast evil suggestions (waswās) into men and women.
6. In mythology, the satyr Marsyas is said to have challenged the god Apollo to a musical contest and been flayed alive for his hubris.
7. Apollo hung Marsyas from a pine tree and flayed him alive to punish him for his hubris in daring to challenge one of the gods.
8. As the film neared release, "particular venom was spat at Cameron for what was seen as his hubris and monumental extravagance".
9. Marsyas picked up the aulos and was later killed by Apollo for his hubris.
10. He was flayed alive in a cave near Celaenae for his hubris to challenge a god.
11. Finally, Venus, the goddess of love, appears to taunt Daphnis for his hubris: “‘Thou indeed, Daphnis, didst boast that thou wouldst bend Love!
12. He was instrumental in the defeat of Chaos, even though the gods had stripped him of his power as the price for his hubris.
13. Thus, although Hitler had built Germany into the world's most dominant power, the conspirators were afraid his hubris would eventually destroy that dominance.
14. His hubris and desire for domination rather than negotiation has brought him to his knees.
15. The character of Bayes is ludicrous more for his hubris in damning actual plays in favor of imagined ones than he is for being a poetaster.
16. As the film neared release, "particular venom was spat at Cameron for what was seen as his hubris and monumental extravagance".
17. Ultimately, in his hubris, he accuses God Himself of being a subversive, at which the Senator is banished to hell, where not even Satan himself will have him.
18. When the goddess Nemesis began to avenge his hubris, he lost his nerve.
19. during this appearance Colbert imitates Blackman, describing his "hubris and overweening pride."
20. Combined with the power of the Death Note, his hubris and genius-level intellect convince him that only he can save the world.
21. He laments his hubris and arrogance and vows never to chase the moose of Hiisi on skis again for it will only lead to the loss of good skis and fine poles.
22. Bell blames the impasse on Avon and his hubris;
23. However, his hubris is repaid, as he tells Mma Ramotswe that he is giving up the business.
24. Jaffe had difficulty establishing positive relationships among industry developers due to his hubris.
25. His hubris tends to get the better of him at times, and puts them in danger many times in the book.
26. Brother Blood then shot and killed Airstryke for his hubris.
27. His hubris undoes him as the other characters are able to steal back from under his nose the girl that he previously had stolen.
28. Walter was inoculated in 2015, believing it would redeem him for his hubris and breaking the universe many years before.
29. Part Two sees him expand on a global scale before his hubris saw his empire spectacularly falling down, becoming embroiled in a number of WA Inc.
30. Rather than criticizing Icarus for his hubris, the lyrics praise his desire to follow his passions despite the risks.
- the valleys
- Other versions
- both Apollo
- Ovid's account
- his task
- his tunes
- his lyre
- Pindar's odes
- a mortal
- their assistant
- three snakes
- the sections
- its way
- the portion
- Aeacus's descendants
- the Aeacidae
- Laomedon's rule
- his great grandson
- the wooden horse
- the downfall
- the wages
- their feet
- the unpaid labour
- the insults
- a pestilence
- the sea monster
- his daughter
- a lover
- a nymph
- the Greek king
- Apollo's priest Chryses
- the Greek encampment
- the girl
- the anger
- the aegis
- his father's command
- great terror
- his war cry
- the soldiers