fossorial species in a sentence
1. These frogs are typically fossorial species that emerge after heavy rains and congregate at a breeding site.
2. The cobalt blue tarantula is a fossorial species and spends nearly all of its time in deep burrows of its own construction.
3. A fossorial species, the head is wedge-shaped and narrow with little neck delineation, which makes it easy to push through the soil.
4. Sub-fossorial species weighing more than 80 grams (2.8 oz) have comparably lower basal rates than those weighing lower than 60 grams (2.1 oz).
5. It is largely a fossorial species that breeds explosively in temporary pools after heavy rains in late April–May.
6. They are classified as a fossorial species due to the act of digging or burrowing themselves.
7. The ground skink is a fossorial species, spending the majority of its time buried in leaf litter on the forest floor.
8. The primary diet of M. tener consists of other snakes, primarily earth snakes, and other small fossorial species.
9. The smooth earth snake is a small, fossorial species which spends most of its time buried in loose soil or leaf litter.
10. It is a fossorial species that is found in both forests and agricultural land.
11. Uperodon systoma is a fossorial species that buries itself in soil.
12. Uraeotyphlus interruptus is a subterranean (fossorial) species associated with loose soil.
13. Uraeotyphlus menoni is a subterranean (fossorial) species associated with humus-rich, loose, moist soil.
14. Uraeotyphlus oxyurus is a fossorial species that is associated with humus-rich, loose, moist soil.
15. It is a fossorial species.
16. It is a fossorial species.
17. It is a fossorial species.
18. It is a fossorial species, but during the breeding season, these frogs are found at shallow, temporary ponds and flooded areas.
19. Odontophrynus cultripes is a fossorial species that occurs in open areas, forest edges, and suburban gardens.
20. It is a fossorial species that can be moderately common several centimeters beneath the soil surface.
21. It is only known from few specimens, but this likely reflects the lack of suitable sampling methods for what is likely a fossorial species.
22. It is a nocturnal and fossorial species occurring in subtropical and tropical montane forests.
23. The northeast African mole-rat is a fossorial species and lives a solitary life in a network of burrows.
24. As a fossorial species, it is difficult to find, but it can be locally common.
25. It is a moderately large fossorial species, which spends most of its time in a burrow.
26. Cyriocosmus elegans is a fossorial species of tarantula that is known to reach maturity quickly, sometimes in a year's time.
27. Rhombophryne coronata is a terrestrial and fossorial species that inhabits primary and somewhat degraded rainforests as well as pine plantations.
28. It is a fossorial species and can move through leaf litter and loose soil by "swimming".
29. Rhinophis lineatus, or striped earth snake or striped rhinophis, is a recently described fossorial species of snake in the family Uropeltidae.
30. The narrow-banded shovel-nosed snake is a nocturnal fossorial species, burrowing in sandy habitats.
- heavy rains
- the calling
- the first male
- a suitable place
- perhaps a pool
- the same place
- The assembled frogs
- frenzied activity ensues
- the usually smaller number
- a direct competition
- elaborate courtship displays
- the female's attention
- long breeding seasons
- the extra time
- rival sperm
- significant morphological change
- typical amphibian development
- an aquatic lifestyle
- external gills
- thyroxine concentration
- thyroxine's effect
- Specific events
- threshold values
- different tissues
- most embryonic development
- the parental body
- many adaptations
- specific environmental circumstances
- horny ridges
- whisker-like skin extensions
- a sensory lateral line organ
- these organs
- controlled cell death
- many discoveries
- an amphibian
- a transparent gelatinous covering
- the oviducts
- This capsule
- The ovum
- fertilised eggs