car float service in a sentence
1. (The nearest link to the North American railway network is the northwest terminus of the Canadian National Railway at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, several hundred miles to the southeast.) In 2000, the U.S. Congress authorized $6 million to study the feasibility of a rail link between Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48. Alaska Rail Marine provides car float service between Whittier and Seattle.
2. The increased traffic from Portland and Point Levi to Montreal placed significant demands on the small train ferry (car float?) service across the St. Lawrence at Montreal, and this was replaced by the Victoria Bridge by 1860.
3. The railroad operated a car-float service over the Detroit River;
4. Class 1 railroads in the New York Harbor area providing car float services were: As well as the offline terminal railroads: Car float service was also provided to many pier stations and waterfront warehouse facilities (that did not engage in car floating service personally) by the above-mentioned railroads.
5. Between 1912–1936, the Erie Railroad operated a car float service on the Chicago River in Chicago, Illinois.
6. The only remaining car float service in operation in the Port of New York and New Jersey is operated by New York New Jersey Rail.
7. Car float service operates between 65th Street / Bay Ridge Yard in Brooklyn and Greenville Yard in Jersey City, New Jersey.
8. Car float service was opened on August 17, 1889, largely handling peach traffic.
9. Car float service provided by New York New Jersey Rail operates between Greenville Yard at Greenville, New Jersey and the 65th Street Yard at the Bay Ridge end of the line.
10. New York Central Tugboat 16 was a railroad tugboat built in 1924 for car float service.
11. (The nearest link to the North American railway network is the northwest terminus of the Canadian National Railway at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, several hundred miles to the southeast.) In 2000, the U.S. Congress authorized $6 million to study the feasibility of a rail link between Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48. Alaska Rail Marine provides car float service between Whittier and Seattle.
- road or highway access
- the only modes
- Alaska's well-developed state-owned ferry system
- The ferries transport vehicles
- a ferry service
- the Inside Passage
- The Inter-Island Ferry Authority
- an important marine link
- many communities
- Wales Island region
- cruise lines
- a summertime tourism market
- a lesser degree
- Alaska's gulf coast
- up to four large cruise ships
- Alaska's extremely well developed bush air services
- an Alaskan novelty
- a lesser extent Fairbanks
- many major airlines
- limited highway access
- air travel
- the most efficient form
- extensive remodeling
- the upsurge
- almost two million visitors
- Regular flights
- most villages
- the Essential Air Service program
- the only major airline offering
- jet service
- combination cargo
- Boeing 737-400s
- regional hubs
- other larger communities
- major Southeast and Alaska Peninsula communities
- remaining commercial flight offerings
- small regional commuter airlines
- Ravn Alaska
- The smallest towns
- scheduled or chartered bush flying services