articular processes in a sentence
1. Modern amphibians have fully ossified vertebrae with articular processes.
2. Their main bones are hollow and lightweight and are fully ossified and the vertebrae interlock with each other and have articular processes.
3. The superior articular processes project from it on either side;
4. they are oval, concave, directed backward and medialward, like the superior articular processes of a lumbar vertebra.
5. The articular processes of the first sacral vertebra are large and oval-shaped.
6. At the side of the articular processes are the four posterior sacral foramina;
7. The superior and inferior articular processes are well-defined, projecting respectively upward and downward from the junctions of pedicles and laminae.
8. They are situated in front of the articular processes instead of behind them as in the thoracic vertebrae, and are homologous with the ribs.
9. The superior vertebral notches are very shallow, and lie behind the articular processes;
10. the inferior lie in front of the articular processes, as in the other cervical vertebrae.
11. The superior articular processes are thin plates of bone projecting upward from the junctions of the pedicles and laminae;
12. The inferior articular processes are fused to a considerable extent with the laminae, and project but slightly beyond their lower borders;
13. The transverse processes arise from the arch behind the superior articular processes and pedicles;
14. On the transverse processes, there are further articular processes – the rounded parapophyses and rod-like diapophyses – are located.
15. Both vertebrae preserved the zygapophyses, articular processes that connect the consecutive vertebrae.
16. The middle divisions of the posterior branches run close to the articular processes of the vertebrae and end in the multifidus muscle.
17. Articular processes spring from the junctions of the pedicles and laminæ, and there are two right and left, and two superior and inferior.
18. In the cervical vertebral column, the articular processes collectively form the articular pillars.
19. The pars interarticularis, or pars for short, is the part of a vertebra located between the inferior and superior articular processes of the facet joint.
20. The articular facets of the articular processes at the back of the vertebra were directed downward, while those of Giraffatitan faced more toward the sides.
21. Pairs of articular processes connecting with neighboring vertebrae are protruding from the front (prezygapophyses) and rear (postzygapophyses).
22. Hyposphene-hypantrum articulations (accessory articular processes) were present in all dorsals, making the spine more rigid.
23. Lateral to the spinous processes are the articular processes, and still more laterally the transverse processes.
24. In the thoracic region they are posterior to the pedicles, intervertebral foramina, and articular processes.
25. In the lumbar region they are in front of the articular processes, but behind the intervertebral foramina.
26. a spinous process, two transverse processes, and four articular processes.
27. A facet joint between the superior and inferior articular processes (labeled at top and bottom).
28. the articular processes known as zygapophyses are unfused in the sacrals;
29. among the articular processes known as prezygapophyses, the fifth cervical also has the longest.
30. degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesis. The articular angles of articular processes of the-lumbar spine were all smaller than the normal valu...
- Their ribs
- the vertebrae
- Their skulls
- little keratin
- a few fish-like scales
- certain caecilians
- many mucous glands
- poison glands
- granular gland
- The hearts
- three chambers
- two atria
- one ventricle
- a urinary bladder
- nitrogenous waste products
- Most amphibians
- their eggs
- aquatic larvae
- a pump action
- the buccopharyngeal region
- the nostrils
- the lungs
- gas exchange
- the Ancient Greek a(n)- meaning
- shorter forelimbs
- no claws
- no tails
- large eyes
- glandular moist skin
- smooth skins
- warty skins
- a formal one
- numerous exceptions
- this rule
- the family Bufonidae
- the "true toads
- (Conraua goliath
- (0.30 in) Paedophryne amauensis
- the smallest known vertebrate