an early loss in a sentence
1. At Wimbledon, he had an early loss in the second round to Tommy Haas.
2. After an early loss at the Indian Wells Open, she won the Miami Open for the second time.
3. An early loss at the Pacific Southwest Championships in September concluded his first overseas tour.
4. In an early loss against a known competitor, Attell lost to Freddie Weeks on September 3, 1906 in a fifth-round knockout at the Grand Opera House at Victor, Colorado.
5. They gained a number one world ranking that year despite an early loss in the 2004 Athens Olympics.
6. He defeated Marcel Granollers in the second round in straight sets but had an early loss to Federico Delbonis in the third round.
7. Gurkha was an early loss, being sunk by German bombers off Stavanger.
8. After an early loss at Tulsa, Birmingham rebounded to win eight of their next nine games before dropping three of their next four.
9. His form continued after an early loss at Wimbledon with wins in Sopot and his first American win in New Haven.
10. He then suffered an early loss at the 2013 BNP Paribas Open, falling to Kevin Anderson in his first match of the tournament.
11. An early loss in the Big 12 Tournament resulted in the Bears failing to get an invitation to the NCAA Tournament.
12. An early loss of wicket brought Taylor to the crease, and she played an attacking innings of 21, including 4 fours, before being bowled.
13. Varga took Hungary's only wrestling medal of the Games, surviving an early loss to reach the medals rounds.
14. This system allowed the team to continue competing despite an early loss.
15. An early loss 2–1 to Yeedzin meant that they trailed them by a point at the half way stage of the season, having won all of their other games.
16. Tcfap2c mutants exhibited an early loss of primordial germ cells.
17. Defending champion Amélie Mauresmo suffered an early loss to Lucie Šafářová, allowing Nicole Vaidišová to reach her second Grand Slam semifinal.
18. Also during the clay court season Kim Clijsters announced her retirement, months earlier than anticipated, following an early loss in Warsaw.
19. She then suffered an early loss at the Qatar Total Open to Mirjana Lučić-Baroni.
20. Then, Suárez followed an early loss in Paris with a semifinal and a quarterfinal, in Bogotá and Acapulco, respectively.
21. Once again, Kvitová's ranking rose to a new high of world No. 14. After that, she suffered an early loss to Ayumi Morita in Dubai.
22. However, this was followed by an early loss in Miami in the hands of 30th seed Ekaterina Makarova.
23. She would go onto to make third round of Madrid and have an early loss in Rome to Bertens and Bencic respectively.
24. Languedoc was an early loss.
25. As a space maintainer LLA is frequently used in cases where an early loss of the second deciduous molar takes place.
26. He returned to the Challenger circuit with a singles title at Fürth and an early loss at Košice.
27. moses Team SoloMid (TSM) at Katowice 2015 had an early loss to Cloud9 but bounced back and defeated 3DMAX and Cloud9 to hold on to its Legends status.
28. He then competed at the Rome Masters but suffered an early loss again in the third round Juan Mónaco.
29. Anand, the No. 1 seed, overcame an early loss to Krishnan Sasikaran with wins over Kasimdzhanov and Al-Modiahki to finish second in his group.
30. After an early loss to Ohio State, the Longhorns with McCoy at the helm went into November undefeated in Big 12 play.
- the second round
- ten finals
- the Masters Series tournament
- Most Improved Player
- the second time
- the history books
- two sets
- a five-set French Open
- only the fifth male player
- all four Grand Slam
- Only Laver
- this feat
- This win
- male player
- all four Grand Slam titles
- hard courts
- the only male player
- an Olympic gold medal
- his 1999 French Open victory
- his Wimbledon defeat
- a two sets
- one deficit
- 5 titles
- two majors
- Sampras's record
- six consecutive year-ending top rankings
- the only time
- his second Australian Open title
- a five-set semi-final and Yevgeny Kafelnikov
- four consecutive Grand Slam finals
- only the fourth player
- the reigning champion
- three of four Grand Slam events
- only the Wimbledon title
- the inaugural Tennis Masters Cup
- the Russian's hopes
- his Australian Open title
- a straight-sets final win
- a cramping Rafter
- a sell-out crowd