ambrosial in a sentence
1. When Apollo was born, clutching a golden sword, everything on Delos turned into gold and the island was filled with ambrosial fragrance.
2. Diomedes recognizes Aphrodite as a "weakling" goddess and, thrusting his spear, nicks her wrist through her "ambrosial robe".
3. Homer speaks of ambrosial raiment, ambrosial locks of hair, even the gods' ambrosial sandals.
4. ਨਾਨਕ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਪੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਭ ਭੁਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵਣਿਆ Nānak amrit nām sadā sukhdāta pi amrit sabh bhukh lėh jāvaṇia. O Nanak, the Ambrosial Naam is forever the Giver of peace;
5. and here tastes of all earth's bliss, the sweet without the bitter, the honey without the sting, and plucks ambrosial fruits and amaranthine flowers (placed by the enchantress Fancy within his reach,) without having to pay a tax for it at the time, or repenting of it afterwards."
6. Drink in the Ambrosial Nectar of the Lord's Name, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.
7. Subhash K Jha called the film "a simple stylish, sensuous and ambrosial love story," further adding that the chemistry between the lead pair was unbeatable.
8. It is grown for the sweet ambrosial scent of its flowers.
9. Everybody knows that," he celebrated the quality of the food, describing his main course as "ambrosial" and "fabulous".
10. Make effort regularly to cleanse, bathe and dip in the ambrosial pool.
11. After that process, people could drink the ambrosial wine and enjoy it. In the nearly four centuries that passed between Hesiod and Xenophon, no improvements can be found in agriculture.
12. You had helped worldly souls attain ambrosial happiness by ridding these of the karmic dirt.
13. Said to have ambrosial wafts of woody and oriental notes.
14. Ganga Tera Pani Amrit (Ganga, Your Water Is Ambrosial) is a 1971 Bollywood drama film.
15. The results? "Ambrosial nights," gushed one guest.
16. Sam Ward's art was to guarantee that the guests who enjoyed his ambrosial nights never focused on the purpose that lurked beneath his perfectly cooked poisson.
17. The 1796 collected version of the poem reads: Not always should the tear's ambrosial dew Roll its soft anguish down thy furrow'd cheek!
18. Uncut magazine wrote that The-Dream's "relentless sex-pestering ultimately becomes tiresome but his music can often be magnificent: an aural pavlova of sugar-spun synths and ambrosial harmonies."
19. The making of the ambrosial dish has come to a natural end since custom demanded that virgins alone should perform the preparation and stirring of celestial rice.
20. In the Iliad, Aphrodite anoints Hector's corpse with "ambrosial oil of roses" to maintain the integrity of his body against abuse in death.
21. The work represents three aquatic birds in an ambrosial Mediterranean landscape with semi-tropical vegetation, trees, a body of water, mountains and a sailboat in the background.
22. They sing it at the ambrosial hour of morning.
23. They sing it at the ambrosial hour of morning.
24. They sing it at the ambrosial hour of morning.
25. ||2|| Third Stanza of Second shalok states: If the human body is the vat, and self-realization is the wine, then a stream of Ambrosial Nectar is produced.
26. Meeting with the Society of the Saints, the cup of the Lord's Love is filled with this Ambrosial Nectar;
27. Mycenaean perfumed oils were exported to Saqqara for use among the Egyptian nobility, but later on took on the role of "ambrosial" clothing for the gods in Homeric hymns.
28. The new adults exit the cradle and then turn round and re-enter, feeding on the ambrosial growth.
29. The ambrosial aroma of the roast whetted our appetites.
30. The ambrosial and essential part of the fruit is lost with the bloom which is rubbed off in the market cart, and they become mere provender.