all four Grand Slam titles in a sentence
1. This win also made him the first (of only four, the next being Federer, Nadal and Djokovic respectively) male player in history to have won all four Grand Slam titles on three different surfaces (clay, grass and hard courts).
2. The ITF's only initiative in this matter has been the organisation of the offer of a bonus of $1m. to any player who holds all four Grand Slam titles simultaneously [...] In spite of all that we have read on this matter, it has never been my Committee of Management's intention to alter the basis of the classic Grand Slam i.e., the capture of all four titles in a year.
3. Her father Jerry, a well known coach, helped Margaret Court win the coveted Grand Slam (all four Grand Slam titles in one year) in 1970 and Virginia Wade to her 1977 Wimbledon triumph.
4. Serena Williams defeated her sister Venus in the final in three sets, to win her fourth consecutive Grand Slam title to hold all four Grand Slam titles at once.
5. They are the only doubles pairing in history to have completed the "Double Career Grand Slam", having won all four Grand Slam titles at least twice as a team.
6. With his French Open triumph, Djokovic became the 8th player in history (and the second oldest) to achieve a Career Grand Slam, the third player in history to hold all four Grand Slam titles at the same time, and the first player to win $100 million in prize money.
7. This would not be the Grand Slam, but the media had dubbed the feat if Nadal was to achieve it the "Rafa Slam", which was taken from the "Serena Slam" which was coined when Serena Williams won all four Grand Slam titles in a row spanning two calendar years, which in turn was taken from the "Tiger Slam" in which golfer Tiger Woods accomplished a similar feat in golf.
8. In addition, Djokovic is the only player to hold all four Grand Slam titles at once on three different surfaces.
9. Novak Djokovic had the chance to become the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four Grand Slam titles at once, having won the previous year's Wimbledon and US Open titles as well as that year's Australian Open (all wins against Nadal), but lost the final to Rafael Nadal.
10. Djokovic was aiming to become the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four Grand Slam titles simultaneously.
11. The Bryans won their 15th Grand Slam title, becoming the first men's doubles team ever in the Open era to hold all four Grand Slam titles at the same time.
12. The Bryans are also the first men's doubles team in the Open era to hold all four Grand Slam titles at once.
13. Novak Djokovic defeated first time French Open finalist Andy Murray in four sets and he completed the career Grand Slam, making him the first male player to have all four Grand Slam titles at once in a non-calendar Grand Slam year since Rod Laver in 1969.
14. Rafael Nadal beat Novak Djokovic to win his first US Open and join six of the game's greatest players as the owner of all four grand slam titles.
- hard courts
- the only male player
- an Olympic gold medal
- his 1999 French Open victory
- his Wimbledon defeat
- a two sets
- one deficit
- 5 titles
- two majors
- Sampras's record
- six consecutive year-ending top rankings
- the only time
- his second Australian Open title
- a five-set semi-final and Yevgeny Kafelnikov
- four consecutive Grand Slam finals
- only the fourth player
- the reigning champion
- three of four Grand Slam events
- only the Wimbledon title
- the inaugural Tennis Masters Cup
- the Russian's hopes
- his Australian Open title
- a straight-sets final win
- a cramping Rafter
- a sell-out crowd
- the Aussie's last Australian Open
- another close match
- the fifth set
- a 3-hour, 33 minute epic match
- no breaks
- the 52-game match
- the setback
- the only male tennis player
- the oldest player
- 32-year-old Connors
- a two-time defending champion
- the injury
- his Key Biscayne title
- The last duel
- the final