a tune-up in a sentence
1. Agassi returned for the grass-court season, playing a tune-up, and then Wimbledon.
2. A week before the trials she ran a tune-up race in 10.99 in Santa Monica.
3. In January, Henin returned to competitive tennis at the tournament in Sydney, a tune-up for the Australian Open.
4. This fight was considered a tune-up for Chavez's June 1996 bout against Oscar De La Hoya.
5. Tennis professionals use this tournament as a tune-up for Wimbledon.
6. Ambers sought a rematch, and after a tune up win over Al "Bummy" Davis, he again faced Jenkins.
7. it was a tune-up event for The Masters through 1965, part of the city's Azalea Festival.
8. The fight was a tune-up fight, fought for charity at the Jonathan Ogden Boxing Classic.
9. López played in Sydney as a tune-up event for the 2013 Australian Open.
10. Later in 1953 Gryce also contributed a tune, "Up in Quincy's Place" to Art Farmer's Prestige recordings.
11. Steinmetz offered a tune-up for rally and motorsport use.
12. It was considered a tune-up fight before his third battle with Manny Pacquiao.
13. Regardless, many prominent players used it as a "tune-up" for the subsequent major.
14. Salido was due to fight a tune up in Mexico on May 27, 2017 against Thailand boxer Pharanpetch Tor Buamas.
15. These include grinding brakes, rough idle (often caused by the need for a tune-up), or poor shock absorption.
16. As a tune-up fight, De la Hoya fought Stephen Forbes (33–6) on May 3, with Floyd Mayweather, Sr. as his trainer.
17. Tyson's loss to Buster Douglas, which he had intended as a tune-up fight for the Holyfield match, derailed those plans.
18. However, in a tune-up match for the Griffiths bout, Braddock broke Latzo's jaw in four places.
19. The fight was intended to be a tune up for a potential championship bout against Armstrong.
20. Critically, "Doghouse" was deemed in desperate need of a tune-up by music journalist and author Jeff Apt.
21. On April 9, 1974, Kirkman fought Memphis "Al" Jones in what Kirkman considered a "tune-up fight".
22. He also won bronze at the 2010 Canadian Open, a tune-up for the Olympics.
23. Cuello's manager, Aljoe Jaro, said he’ll arrange a tune-up fight for his boxer the fight is delayed over a month.
24. Meanwhile, Holyfield took a tune up fight in June 1992 against another aging former champion in Larry Holmes.
25. He was then scheduled for a tune-up fight in Motueka against Luke Oakes in a four-round exhibition contest.
26. It's a tune up for Brett to get ready for the 125s (qualifying races) and the Daytona 500.
27. At a tune-up event, the 2019 Bavarian Open, Fabbri/Ayer again won silver behind Lajoie/Lagha.
28. At a tune-up event, the 2019 Bavarian Open, Fabbri/Ayer again won silver behind Lajoie/Lagha.
29. Your front-end needs an alignment, your muffler needs to be replaced, and your car definitely needs a tune-up.
30. You can rewind your lesson any time you want for a tune-up class.
- world No.
- eventual runner-up
- the losing player
- only two events
- the summer hard-court season
- his best result
- his final US Open
- extreme back pain
- anti-inflammatory injections
- every match
- a tough four-set win
- eighth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis
- Wimbledon semi-finals
- five tough sets
- the younger Baghdatis
- muscle cramping
- the final set
- his last match
- 112th-ranked big-serving Benjamin Becker
- a four-minute standing ovation
- a retirement speech
- that decade
- French Open
- the Davis Cup
- the whole year
- the Newsweek Champions Cup
- the Lipton International Players Championships
- the fall season
- the end of the season
- the following 3 years
- 1 Andy Roddick
- the 1990 French Open
- the Miami Open
- Hong Kong
- Pat Rafter
- Rome Masters
- the final years
- Swiss Indoors