a straight-set victory in a sentence
1. Agassi won the first four matches including a straight-set victory in round 16 of the 1988 US Open and defeating Chang, the defending champion, in the 1990 French Open in a four-set quarterfinal.
2. The third round also produced a straight-set victory for Hewitt, as he defeated Philipp Petzschner.
3. His quarterfinal encounter against qualifier Marius Copil resulted in a straight-set victory.
4. In Dubai, Federer successfully defended his title with a straight-set victory over Novak Djokovic in the final, marking his seventh title at the tournament and, after Wimbledon and Halle, was the third time he had won seven or more titles in a tournament.
5. To the surprise of most observers, he won it fairly easily by a straight-set victory over the South African Eric Sturgess in the finals with his powerful serve-and-volley game.
6. At the 1946 U.S. Championships he was seeded third but managed to win his first Major singles title after a straight-set victory in the final against Tom Brown, losing just a single set in the tournament.
7. But as Fish methodically made his way through a straight-set victory, an odd, and somewhat comical, sight emerged in the otherwise sedate setting.
8. Murray continued to the quarter final with a straight set victory against Benoit Paire.
9. During the 2004 singles tournament, Andy Roddick set the then world record for the fastest serve, recorded at 153 mph (246.2 km/h) during a straight-set victory over Thailand's Paradorn Srichaphan in the quarter-finals.
10. Šafářová started off 2006 by upsetting world No. 6 Patty Schnyder in the semifinals of the Gold Coast tournament and then winning in the final with a straight-set victory.
11. He secured a straight-set victory over Rui Machado in his first-round match before dismissing Jarkko Nieminen, also in straight sets, to progress to the third round.
12. In July, she scored a straight-set victory over Tatjana Malek in Istanbul.
13. Pironkova began her grass-court season with a straight-set victory over tournament qualifier, Tereza Martincov in the first round of the Aegon Open Nottingham.
14. They then met in the third round of the 2014 Rogers Cup, with Tsonga scoring his first win over Djokovic since the 2010 Australian Open with a straight-set victory.
15. Cîrstea started the tournament with a straight set victory over Sesil Karatantcheva.
16. He followed this with a straight-set victory over Radek Stepanek, and then surprised world No. 6 Tomáš Berdych by upsetting him 7–6 in the third-set tiebreaker to reach the quarterfinals.
17. She then recorded a straight-set victory over Sharapova, ending a five-match losing streak against her, but then lost her bid to qualify for the semifinals when she succumbed to Caroline Wozniacki in her last round-robin match.
18. Jelena Janković successfully defended a title for the first time in her career with a straight set victory over qualifier Alizé Cornet in the final.
19. Dan Evans would eventually complete a remarkable turnaround, with a straight-set victory over Donskoy.
20. She teamed with Peng Shuai in a straight-set victory against South Korea's team of Han Na-lae &
21. She teamed with Peng Shuai in a straight-set victory against South Korea's team of Han Na-lae &
22. In August, Buzărnescu captured her first WTA singles title winning in San Jose with a straight-set-victory over Maria Sakkari in the final.
23. Before the match, Nadal was considered as the slight favorite due to his far superior form that year, including a straight-set victory over Djokovic at the Italian Open.
24. The American duo of Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan won the gold in this tournament, with a straight-set victory over France's Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Michaël Llodra.
25. She then faced Australian Annabel Ellwood in the following round and cruised through with a straight set victory.
26. In her fourth round encounter with Ekaterina Makarova, Li delivered the third bagel in the tournament, easing through with a straight set victory.
27. A week later, he captured his first professional singles title with a straight-set victory over Pedro Sakamoto at the ITF Futures in Weston.
28. Rafa managed to reach the finals with a straight set victory over Horacio Zeballos in the semifinals.
29. David Ferrer secured a straight-set victory over Jarkko Nieminen losing only seven games.
30. Nadal was able to comfortably hold his service games, as well as break Tiafoe multiple times in a straight set victory.
- the 1988 US Open
- their best match
- high-quality shot-making
- the momentum
- a five-set victory
- the toughest contest
- his first US Open title
- Their next two Grand Slam meetings
- easy straight-set victories
- both the Australian Open
- the matches
- their matches
- the last being
- his prime
- their first three matches
- their last 11 matches
- Indian Wells
- Their most notable match
- the 1989 Davis Cup semi-final match
- a baseliner
- a three-time champion
- his first Grand Slam title
- The intensity
- two breaks
- a highly anticipated rematch
- four tight sets
- Their final match
- memorable encounters
- the players' contrasting styles
- traditional serve-&-volley methods
- Agassi's variety
- his main weapons
- their sole match
- the 1999 Rome Masters
- four matches
- two matches
- their 2000 and 2001 encounters
- best matches
- both their meetings
- both occasions