a single bone in a sentence
1. This vibrates and sound is transmitted through a single bone, the stapes, to the inner ear.
2. Caniforms have single-chambered or partially divided auditory bullae, composed of a single bone.
3. Similarly, the sacrum is usually counted as a single bone, rather than five fused vertebrae.
4. Between the 18th and 25th years the occipital and sphenoid bone become united, forming a single bone.
5. Caniforms have single-chambered or partially divided auditory bullae, composed of a single bone.
6. The jaws in other placoderms were simplified and consisted of a single bone.
7. Many enantiornithean fossils are very fragmentary, and some species are only known from a piece of a single bone.
8. Over one-third of all named enantiornithean species are based on only a fragment of a single bone.
9. Behind the level of the eye sockets the caputegulae fuse into a single bone surface.
10. They possess only a single bone between the jaw joint and the skull roof.
11. Their lower jaw comprised a single bone —
12. Musk Dogs themselves resemble "many dogs fighting over a single bone".
13. Also found on Aiwa was a single bone of a Porzana rail.
14. Finally, a single bone of the striated heron (Butorides striata) was found on Lakeba;
15. The only referred specimen is a single bone fragment (BYU 2022).
16. Cases initially involving the stomach, thyroid, or a single bone site have relatively good prognoses.
17. Caniforms have single-chambered or partially divided auditory bullae, composed of a single bone.
18. the frontals were fused into a single bone, as is seen in other adult mesoeucrocodylians.
19. have a single bone in their lower jaw;
20. They are bony fish with fleshy, lobed paired fins, which are joined to the body by a single bone.
21. Inside the three carpels is a single bone coloured seed.
22. In poposauroids more advanced than Qianosuchus, the sacral vertebrae fuse into a single bone, the sacrum.
23. During puberty, they fuse together to form a single bone.
24. They have fleshy, lobed, paired fins, which are joined to the body by a single bone.
25. Their fins are fleshy, lobed, paired fins, joined to the body by a single bone.
26. In 2014, just twenty-seven specimens were reported to be known, many consisting of a single bone.
27. Shringasaurus is known from a single bone bed of fossils in the upper Denwa Formation, India.
28. Megacnemus is an enigmatic and poorly described genus, known from a single bone.
29. Although initially a pair of bones, many lineages possess postparietals which were fused into a single bone.
30. Tutusius is represented by a single bone from the shoulder girdle, the cleithrum.
- the inner ear
- Only high-frequency sounds
- mating calls
- low-frequency noises
- another mechanism
- Several hundred
- the Pacific Platymantis
- any time of year
- increasing day
- each rainy season
- Rana sylvatica
- about two weeks