a pestilence in a sentence
1. According to one of his legends, a pestilence spread throughout the kingdom during Ladislaus's reign.
2. Hutton later wrote a narrative of the events: I was avoided as a pestilence;
3. Gozzoli died in Pistoia in 1497, perhaps of a pestilence.
4. In 1635, a Pestilence broke out and killed off a significant part of the already weakened populace.
5. An earlier oracle had warned that "A Dorian [Spartan] war will come, and bring a pestilence with it".
6. In 1583, A pestilence having broken out at Granada, he tended the sick and dying.
7. Paetus died in 174 during a pestilence at Rome, as recorded by Livy in a fragmentary chapter.
8. In 716, while a pestilence swept through Naples, Romuald II of Benevento occupied the castle of Cumae.
9. Later he was in Lyons, during a pestilence, devoting himself to the plague-stricken.
10. The cursed blast of slavery has, like a pestilence, withered almost every moral bloom.
11. We pulled no punches, and Mildred emerged ... as starkly real as a pestilence."
12. When a pestilence raged there, the populace blamed Hanina for failing to stamp it out.
13. In 1635 a pestilence struck Chalon and all of Provence.
14. The final bonus track is a cover of a Pestilence song (guest appearance by Martin van Drunen).
15. He died of a pestilence which cause a great mortality of the men of Ireland in 1095.
16. In 435, a force of Fidenates, with re-inforcements from Veii, took advantage of a pestilence at Rome.
17. Nicolai wrote the words in response to a pestilence in 1597.
18. He breaks out of the police dragnet, and hides at a farm which recently had a pestilence infection.
19. However a pestilence spread amongst the Volsci and war was averted.
20. However a pestilence spread amongst the Volsci and war was averted.
21. However a pestilence spread amongst the Volsci and war was averted.
22. to refer to them as a swarm suggests a pestilence;
23. a pestilence broke out that, carrying off half of their number, paralyzed the whole population.
24. The siege would have failed if it had not a pestilence broke out among the defenders.
25. Bjerregaard was often described as a "pestilence for the opponent" because of his effort.
26. Verginius died in 463 BC during a pestilence that claimed, among others, both the consuls for that year.
27. In 453 BC a pestilence ravaged Rome.
28. Then he tells of a pestilence that mostly killed cattle, but not many people.
29. That year saw a pestilence.
30. Conflict at Reims, London and a pestilence in Tuscany.
- the sea monster
- his daughter
- a lover
- a nymph
- the Greek king
- Apollo's priest Chryses
- the Greek encampment
- the girl
- the anger
- the aegis
- his father's command
- great terror
- his war cry
- the soldiers
- twelve years
- the Ceryneian Hind
- Mount Olympus