a missing link in a sentence
1. He was billed as a missing link, supposedly caught in Africa and displayed in a cage.
2. He writes: "In the wake of another Balkan War, its significance is that of a missing link.
3. The idea of a "missing link" between humans and so-called "lower" animals remains lodged in the public imagination.
4. The magazine claimed that the fossil was a "missing link" between birds and terrestrial theropod dinosaurs.
5. Sloan described it as a missing link that helped elucidate the connection between dinosaurs and birds.
6. Exclaim! gave a positive review, calling the album a "missing link between the Clash and Bob Dylan".
7. The complementary method focuses on the prospect of a missing link.
8. The player who led after the second chain got to play a Missing Link for $300.
9. The OBERIU was seen as something of a missing link from the old Russian avant-garde to the new one.
10. The end result (which was rejected) was described as looking like a missing link.
11. Surviving cars "look like the 'early man' version of a CUV, sort of a missing link of the car world."
12. He initially wanted Lisa to find a "missing link" skeleton, and do an episode reminiscent of the Scopes Monkey Trial.
13. And to this end ʻAbdu'l-Bahá suggested that a missing link between human and apes would not be found.
14. The idea of a missing link per se was abandoned by science in favor of the idea of evolutionary transitions.
15. Before completion of the I-494 freeway in 1985, I-494 had a missing link during the previous twenty years.
16. That is a missing link in his life that people do not know.
17. He hopes it is a missing link in human evolution.
18. In other words, there is a missing link between physics and neuroscience.
19. Their style is a kind of a "missing link" between Metal and NDH.
20. Horusornis may have been a "missing link" uniting falcons, hawks, and the secretarybird.
21. Previously identified as a "missing link", this section was opened in October 2013, and may be prone to flooding.
22. The federal government as part of the Interstate Highway System began to plan for a missing link of Interstate 35E.
23. Mulder meets with the Shooter again, who tells him that Gibson is a missing link.
24. Horneophyton is an extinct early plant which may form a "missing link" between the hornworts and the Rhyniopsida.
25. If this is the case then in these we have the fragmentary residua of a missing link in the tradition of poetics.
26. This may be looked upon as a missing link in terms of mid-tarsal joint function.
27. Media sources inaccurately dubbed the fossil as a "missing link" between lemurs and humans.
28. This used to be interpreted as a true segmentation, which suggested a "missing link" between mollusks and annelids.
29. In a sense they forge a missing link between these two great periods of twentieth-century American painting.
30. Stating that the album "Deep Fakes feels like a missing link between a certain 1990s tendency and the present."
- Molecular analysis
- the frog–salamander divergence
- the palaeontological evidence
- Newer research
- all Lissamphibians
- the closest relatives
- lunged fish
- certain adaptations
- new means
- the sideways thrusts
- their tails
- quite different mechanisms
- Their vertebral columns
- limb girdles
- Terrestrial adults
- their lateral line systems
- their sensory systems
- new methods
- their body heat
- ambient temperature
- a terrestrial environment
- Their skins
- harmful ultraviolet rays
- excessive water loss
- The superclass Tetrapoda
- four classes
- vertebrate animals
- four limbs
- the eggs
- the female
- several membranes
- these membranes
- various strategies
- the vulnerable aquatic larval stage
- one or two frogs
- brackish water
- mangrove swamps
- salt water lakes
- moist habitats
- a simplified anatomy