a less successful year in a sentence
1. 1996 was a less successful year for Agassi, as he failed to reach any Grand Slam final.
2. Malmö FF once again won Allsvenskan in 1967, after a less successful year in 1966.
3. 2005 was a less successful year for Devgn.
4. 2008 was a less successful year, not winning one match in the English polo season, nor any of the prestigious Argentine tournaments.
5. In 2009, McVeigh had a less successful year, missing some games due to a hamstring injury, and finishing sixth in the Best and Fairest award.
6. Rudan was again a key figure in the 1999–00 season, playing 22 games, a less successful year for the club, slumping to the bottom half of the table.
7. He remained in the British F3 for 1997, but had a less successful year, finishing ninth overall, with an eighteenth place in the Masters of Formula 3, driving in both for DC Cook Motorsports.
8. Schache played 17 games for Brisbane in 1991, winning the club's leading goalkicker award in his first season with 47 goals, including a best return of six goals against Adelaide in round 14. Schache had a less successful year in 1992, playing 12 games for 17 goals, and subsequently was delisted by Brisbane at the end of the season after 29 games and 64 goals.
9. The club's reserve side had a less successful year than in the two previous seasons, with the club missing out on the Central League title by one point from Sheffield United, as well as being beaten in the Derbyshire Senior Cup final by Buxton.
10. The club's reserve side had a less successful year than in the two previous seasons, with the club missing out on the Central League title by one point from Sheffield United, as well as being beaten in the Derbyshire Senior Cup final by Buxton.
11. After a less successful year with Parker Leiden he returned to Den Bosch, where he won two championships once again.
12. Ichinojō had a less successful year in 2016 when fighting the top ranked wrestlers, scoring only two wins at maegashira 3 in January and five wins at maegashira 2 in May (although he did earn his third kinboshi in the latter tournament with another defeat of Harumafuji.) He had to withdraw from a tournament from the first time in his career in September 2016, because of lower back pain.
- any Grand Slam
- two early-round losses
- straight sets
- the Australian and US Open semi-finals
- the Australian Open loss
- the windy conditions
- his biography
- that final
- the men's singles
- gold medal
- his singles
- the low point
- Agassi's career
- His wrist injury
- only 24 matches
- crystal methamphetamine
- an ATP drug test
- the same friend
- a drink
- The ATP
- the failed drug test
- a warning
- his autobiography
- a lie
- a failing marriage
- no top-level titles
- his ranking sank
- his run
- the sport's premier competitors
- any significant championships
- a rigorous conditioning program
- the rankings
- Challenger Series tournaments
- a circuit
- pro players
- top physical and mental shape
- the most successful period
- his tennis career
- classic matches
- five titles