a floating nest in a sentence
1. The tungara frog (Physalaemus pustulosus) builds a floating nest from foam to protect its eggs.
2. The tungara frog (Physalaemus pustulosus) builds a floating nest from foam to protect its eggs from predation.
3. Eggs are laid from the end of April or early May in a nest which is sited on the ground close to water, or sometimes a floating nest is built among emergent vegetation.
4. They build a floating nest in marshes and swamps, laying 2-5 eggs.
5. It lays four black-marked brown eggs in a floating nest.
6. The wattled jacana lays four black-marked brown eggs in a floating nest.
7. The male constructs a floating nest with whatever plant matter he can find.
8. A floating nest composed of vegetation is made in a shallow water location such as in an overgrown channel, at the edge of a lake, on a scroll swale or beside a stream.
9. There was an ancient belief that the bird nested on the sea, which it calmed in order to lay its eggs on a floating nest.
10. There was an ancient belief that the halcyon nested on the sea, which it calmed in order to lay its eggs on a floating nest.
11. Two years in production, the show includes Musco's photo installation Hadal (which was shown at the 53rd Annual Venice Biennale in 2009, presented by the Moscow Museum of Modern Art), a swirling vortex of two thousand bodies reminiscent of a floating nest or a school of fish, each a recurring theme of his work;
- its eggs
- a raft
- a foam cap
- The foam
- anti-microbial properties
- no detergents
- free-living larvae
- their development
- either aquatic or terrestrial adults
- most lungless salamanders
- miniature adults
- Nectophrynoides spp
- a few days later
- about a day
- Necturus, Proteus and Amphiuma
- Sri Lanka
- the age of about ten months
- maternal dermatophagy
- about seven minutes
- approximately three days
- up to 20%
- two or three months
- up to eight weeks