a five-set victory in a sentence
1. While both players presented high-quality shot-making, the momentum changed from set to set with Agassi eventually prevailing in a five-set victory.
2. One of those wins included a five-set victory at the 2001 US Open, the tournament in which Hewitt captured his first Singles Grand Slam title.
3. Henman was unseeded at Wimbledon in 2006 for the first time in a number of years after his world ranking slipped down to number 62. At that Wimbledon, he lost in the second round to eventual champion Federer, 6–4, 6–0, 6–2, after a five-set victory over Robin Söderling of Sweden in the first round.
4. At the 1994 Australian Open, Washington reached his first Grand Slam quarterfinal, after a win over second-seeded Michael Stich in the first round and a five-set victory against Mats Wilander in the fourth round.
5. He followed this up with a straight sets win over Fernando Verdasco and then recorded a five set victory over Frenchman Gaël Monfils in the quarter-final, which saw Murray rise to No. 5 and equal his best ever French Open by reaching the semi-finals.
6. He followed up with a five-set victory over Argentina's Guillermo Cañas in a quarterfinal.
7. At the Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart, Youzhny won his first ATP-tour level title in a five-set victory over Argentinian world number nineteen Guillermo Cañas. Youzhny did not participate at the US Open because of a back injury, and was absent from the sports for six weeks.
8. Anderson turned professional in late 1958 and went on to win the Wembley Championship in 1959, with a five-set victory over former three-time US Pro champion, Pancho Segura.
9. De Morpurgo won the bronze medal after a five-set victory in the play-off against Jean Borotra of France.
10. He only began playing tennis at the age of 22. In 1958 he won the singles title at the Bavarian Tennis Championships in Munich after a five-set victory in the final against Luis Ayala.
11. However, Netherlands battled to a five-set victory leaving Italy with the silver medal.
12. In 1929, he won the U.S. National Clay Court Championship singles title after a five-set victory in the final against J. Gilbert Hall.
13. At Wimbledon, he made it to the second round with a five-set victory over Guido Pella in his opening match, before losing to world No. 8 Juan Martín del Potro in the next round.
14. At the French Open, Gulbis reached the quarterfinals for the second time courtesy of a five-set victory over world No. 4 and 2009 champion Roger Federer.
15. Reid's 2004 Australian summer was the biggest highlight of his professional career where he reached the final of a challenger in New Caledonia (losing to Guillermo Cañas in the final), made the quarterfinal in Adelaide and Sydney and made the third round of the Australian Open in which he played Sargis Sargsian in the second round, playing through cramping and vomiting to pull out a five set victory on the Melbourne Arena.
16. The boys program won their first CIF title in 1983 with a five-set victory over University.
17. The men's tournament was won by Rafael Nadal with a five-set victory against the Swiss top seed Roger Federer.
18. Fawcett set the world record for highest individual points scored in a single match on February 14, 2013 when she scored 55 points in leading her club to a five-set victory over Hwaseong IBK Altos.
19. In 1921 he won the singles title at the South of England Championships after a five-set victory in the final against Mohammed Sleem.
20. Away from the Davis Cup, he was in the final of the New Zealand tennis championships in 1932 and 1933, winning the title in 1933 after a five-set victory in the final against Clifford Sproule.
21. In 1955 he won the U.S. National Championships men's doubles title at the Longwood Cricket Club in Boston with compatriot Atsushi Miyagi after a five-set victory over Americans Gerald Moss and Bill Quillian.
22. In 1955 Miyagi won the U.S. National Championships men's doubles title at the Longwood Cricket Club in Boston with compatriot Kosei Kamo after a five-set victory over Americans Gerald Moss and Bill Quillian.
23. The pair have only met five times since 2013, after Murray recorded his first victory over Federer at Grand Slam event level with a five-set victory in the semi-finals of the 2013 Australian Open, with Federer winning all five matches losing just one set to Murray.
24. At the Australian Open, Fritz reached the third round, posting a five-set victory over Kevin Anderson.
- the toughest contest
- his first US Open title
- Their next two Grand Slam meetings
- easy straight-set victories
- both the Australian Open
- the matches
- their matches
- the last being
- his prime
- their first three matches
- their last 11 matches
- Indian Wells
- Their most notable match
- the 1989 Davis Cup semi-final match
- a baseliner
- a three-time champion
- his first Grand Slam title
- The intensity
- two breaks
- a highly anticipated rematch
- four tight sets
- Their final match
- memorable encounters
- the players' contrasting styles
- traditional serve-&-volley methods
- Agassi's variety
- his main weapons
- their sole match
- the 1999 Rome Masters
- four matches
- two matches
- their 2000 and 2001 encounters
- best matches
- both their meetings
- both occasions
- their only US Open encounter
- the retirement
- the 11-years-younger Federer
- another great server
- Agassi's main rivalry