Tsimshian in a sentence
1. Viola Garfield, who carried forth Boas's Tsimshian work;
2. Along the Pacific coast were the Tsimshian;
3. One Tsimshian woman survived by pretending to be dead.
4. Tsimshian translates to "Inside the Skeena River."
5. In 1862 a smallpox epidemic killed many of the Tsimshian people.
6. The Tsimshian became seafaring people, like the Haida.
7. Edward Marsden, a Tsimshian missionary among the Tlingit.
8. The island population is composed mainly of Tsimshian people.
9. Tsimshian and Zuni are included in Penutian with reservations.
10. Consonantal inventory of Proto-Tsimshian:
11. He spent about a week trading in Tsimshian and Haida territory.
12. It was built over a Tsimshian village named Kanagatsiyot.
13. The Gitga'at are members of the Tsimshian nation.
14. There are about 10,000 Tsimshian in British Columbia;
15. Tsimshian is an ergative–absolutive language.
16. Clah also became a mediary between Duncan and the Tsimshian.
17. The result was Boas's long 1916 monograph Tsimshian Mythology.
18. His Tsimshian name was 'Wiiksmwan, meaning Great Deer Woman.
19. Four main Tsimshian clans form the basic phratry.
20. This is the English term for Tsimshian spoken on the coast.
21. A number of Tsimshian were killed, wounded, and taken captive.
22. Kitselas is only one of fourteen tribes in the Tsimshian Nation.
23. Tsimshian means "in the entrance to the Ksian".
24. The Gitamaat people themselves are not Tsimshian but Haisla.
25. Jeffrey was a native speaker of Smalgyax, a Tsimshian language.
26. They show the Tsimshian at a time of great transition.
27. They include the Inuit, Aleut, Athabascans and Tsimshian.
28. the Eskimo–Aleut languages, Athabaskan, Haida, and Tsimshian.
29. totem poles. Tsimshian masks.
30. Reece is of Cree, Tsimshian, Gitksan, and Métis descent.
- Grover Cleveland
- Annette Island
- the Pacific Northwest Coast
- the late 18th through the mid-19th century
- Native Alaskans
- the Alutiiq ~ Sugpiaq
- Southcentral Alaska
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Semyon Dezhnyov's
- Nikolai Daurkin
- the Kheuveren River
- Koyuk River
- St. Gabriel
- M. S. Gvozdev
- I. Fyodorov
- August 21, 1732
- A. F. Shestakov
- Dmitry Pavlutsky
- Vitus Bering
- Russian Navy
- St. Peter
- Between 1774 and 1800
- Nootka Sound
- Bucareli Sound
- mid-19th century
- New Archangel
- Baranof Island
- $7.2 million