The pineal body in a sentence
1. The pineal body, known to regulate sleep patterns in humans, is thought to produce the hormones involved in hibernation and aestivation in amphibians.
2. The pineal gland, also called the pineal body, is part of the epithalamus, and lies between the laterally positioned thalamic bodies and behind the habenular commissure.
3. The pineal body consists in humans of a lobular parenchyma of pinealocytes surrounded by connective tissue spaces.
4. The pineal body is labeled in these images.
5. The pineal body lies just above the diencephalon.
6. The pineal body also has photoreceptive cells which, though regressed, retain visual pigment like the photoreceptive cells of the regressed eye.
7. whilst calcification in such normal structures as the pineal body, the choroid plexuses, or large brain arteries may indirectly give important clues to the presence of structural disease in the brain itself.
8. Several branches are given to the pineal body, the anterior medullary velum, and the tela chorioidea of the third ventricle.
9. The pineal body lies just above the diencephalon.
10. Sinel stated that he believed psychic phenomena to be result of the pineal body.
11. The subepithelial connective tissue penetrated the pineal body forming interlobular septum, and separated the pineal body to parenchymal lobules.
- sleep patterns
- the hormones
- the lateral line system
- their ancestral fishes
- terrestrial adult amphibians
- Some caecilians
- no external ear
- the large circular eardrum
- a single bone
- the inner ear
- Only high-frequency sounds
- mating calls
- low-frequency noises
- another mechanism
- Several hundred
- the Pacific Platymantis
- any time of year
- increasing day
- each rainy season
- Rana sylvatica
- about two weeks