The Tanana Valley in a sentence
1. The largest city in the interior is Fairbanks, Alaska's second-largest city, in the Tanana Valley.
2. The Tanana Valley is crossed by many low streams and rivers that flow into the Tanana River.
3. In summer, dense wildfire smoke accumulates in the Tanana Valley, affecting the weather and causing health concerns.
4. In 1907, the railroad was reorganized and named the Tanana Valley Railroad.
5. In the late 1970s and early 1980s, the Tanana Valley was designated as a potential agricultural area for Alaska.
6. The urheimat of the Athabaskan family is most likely in the Tanana Valley of east-central Alaska.
7. The Tanana Valley is the most populated area of Alaska north of the Alaska Range.
8. It drains an area on the north slope of the Alaska Range on the south edge of the Tanana Valley southwest of Fairbanks.
9. In 1917, the Tanana Valley Railroad in Fairbanks was heading into bankruptcy.
10. The government bought the Tanana Valley Railroad, principally for its terminal facilities.
11. The paper serves as an alternative media publication for the Tanana Valley.
12. The Tanana Mines Railway was refinanced and expanded in 1907 to become the Tanana Valley Railroad (TVRR).
13. The Tanana Valley Railroad gave Chena a huge advantage over Fairbanks.
14. The amount of gold in the Tanana Valley declined quickly, so miners left to make money elsewhere.
15. The Tanana Valley Railroad went bankrupt in 1917, and was bought by what is now the Alaska Railroad.
16. It was renamed the Tanana Valley Railroad in 1907.
17. Falcon Joslin. A train of the Tanana Valley Railroad crossing a trestle bridge over Fox Gulch in 1916.
18. Earliest occupation levels at the Tanana Valley sites contain artifacts similar to the Siberian Dyuktai culture.
19. The former name reflected its roots as TVCC, as well as its location in the Tanana Valley.
20. Accounts vary, but historians estimate that by spring 1903, between 700 and 1,000 men arrived in the Tanana Valley.
21. In fall 1903, the flood of miners leaving the Tanana Valley ended when major gold strikes were made north of Fairbanks.
22. The gold discoveries of 1903 reversed the trend of people away from the Tanana Valley.
23. Farmers also created the Tanana Valley State Fair in 1924 to demonstrate their agricultural success.
24. In August 1967, 6.20 inches (15.7 cm) fell on Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley.
25. As a way of saying thanks to Fairbanks, $10,000 was pledged to the United Way of the Tanana Valley.
26. / 64.8645083; -147.7617861 The Tanana Valley State Fair is an annual state fair held in College, Alaska, United States.
27. It drains an area on the north slope of the Alaska Range on the south edge of the Tanana Valley southwest of Fairbanks.
28. It drains an area on the north slope of the Alaska Range on the south edge of the Tanana Valley southwest of Fairbanks.
29. Tanana Athabaskans were semi-nomadic and as living in semi-permanent settlements in the Tanana Valley lowlands.
30. The rail line through Happy was constructed as part of the Tanana Valley Railroad in the early 1900s.