The Railbelt in a sentence
1. The cities, towns, villages, and region served by ARR tracks are known statewide as "The Railbelt".
2. Specialized services include the Railbelt Mental Health &
3. Carrs stores were primarily located throughout the "Railbelt" area of Alaska.
4. A subsidiary, Eagle Quality Centers, operated in numerous mid-sized and smaller Alaskan communities, both within and outside of the Railbelt.
5. The POA provides critical transportation infrastructure to the citizens of Anchorage and to a majority of the citizens of the State of Alaska both within and beyond the Railbelt.
6. The Alaska Railroad runs from Seward through Anchorage, Denali, and Fairbanks to North Pole, with spurs to Whittier and Palmer (locally known as "The Railbelt").
7. The motivation is straightforward: the "railbelt" between Anchorage and Fairbanks contains the majority of the state's population.
8. Alaskans rejected attempts to move the capital in 1960 and 1962, but in 1974, as Alaska's center of population moved away from Southeast Alaska and to the railbelt, voters approved the move.
9. The project, which originally consisted of two dams along the river, was proposed as early as the 1960s by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation to supply electricity to the railbelt region of Alaska (areas served by the Alaska Railroad), including the cities of Anchorage and Fairbanks.
10. It was by far the largest in what was termed the "Railbelt complex" of fires, so named because they were all near the main route of the Alaska Railroad.
11. The cities, towns, villages, and region served by ARR tracks are known statewide as "The Railbelt".
- the ever-improving paved highway system
- the railroad's importance
- a vital role
- Alaska's development
- natural resources
- southward (i.e., coal
- the Usibelli coal mine
- its summertime tour passenger service
- the last railroads
- regular service
- some gravel trains
- the last flag
- A stretch
- the only transportation
- rural homes
- the only land access
- its entire route
- northern Southeast Alaska
- the White Pass and Yukon Route
- Skagway northwards
- cruise liner
- the 1983 BBC television series
- The Alaska Rail network
- The nearest link
- the North American railway network
- the northwest terminus
- the feasibility
- a rail link
- Alaska Rail Marine
- car float service
- road or highway access
- the only modes
- Alaska's well-developed state-owned ferry system
- The ferries transport vehicles
- a ferry service
- the Inside Passage
- The Inter-Island Ferry Authority
- an important marine link
- many communities
- Wales Island region