The Invisible Committee in a sentence
1. Both Bonanno and the French group The Invisible Committee advocate for small, informal affiliation groups, where each member is responsible for their own actions but works together to bring down oppression utilizing sabotage and other violent means against state, capitalism and other enemies.
2. Members of The Invisible Committee were arrested in 2008 on various charges, terrorism included.
3. Communization is a contemporary communist theory in which we find is a "mixing-up of insurrectionist anarchism, the communist ultra-left, post-autonomists, anti-political currents, groups like the Invisible Committee, as well as more explicitly 'communizing' currents, such as Théorie Communiste and Endnotes.
4. Tiqqun became better known to an American audience in 2009 and 2010 after Glenn Beck featured commentary on the English edition of The Coming Insurrection (rumoured to be co-authored by several former members of the Tiqqun collective under the pseudonym the Invisible Committee) in his media broadcasts.
5. Communization mainly refers to a contemporary communist theory in which we find is a "mixing-up of insurrectionist anarchism, the communist ultra-left, postautonomists, anti-political currents, groups like the Invisible Committee, as well as more explicitly 'communizing' currents, such as Théorie Communiste and Endnotes.
6. Communization (or communisation in British English) mainly refers to a contemporary communist theory in which there is a mixing-up of insurrectionist anarchism, the communist ultra-left, post-autonomists, anti-political currents, groups like the Invisible Committee, as well as more explicitly ‘communizing’ currents, such as Théorie Communiste.
7. The series is notable for its first installment: The Coming Insurrection by The Invisible Committee, a French pseudonymous author (or authors).
8. The method of sabotage actually used was similar to one suggested in the book, and members of the group were suspected to be members of the Invisible Committee.
9. Major topics of the series include French anarchism (The Invisible Committee, Tiqqun), Italian Marxist economic criticism (Maurizio Lazzarato, Franco Berardi, Christian Marazzi) and violence in the context of the Mexican Drug War (Sergio González Rodríguez, Sayak Valencia).
10. The French police said he was part of the Invisible Committee of the book The Coming Insurrection, which was denied by the publisher and Julien Coupat himself.
11. Further, the group generally (and Coupat specifically) were suspected of being possible members of the Invisible Committee, an anonymous author (or authors) who wrote The Coming Insurrection, an anti-capitalist, anarchist tract originally published in 2007 which admonishes its readers to form communes and disrupt infrastructure, reminiscent of the politics and activities which the group were actually engaged in, and also of the specific crimes with which they were accused.
12. The Coming Insurrection is a French radical leftist, anarchist tract written by The Invisible Committee, the nom de plume of an anonymous author (or possibly authors).
13. What follows is the text of the book preceded by the first statement of the Invisible Committee since the arrests."
14. The notion of the Human Strike as an act of defiance was introduced by communization theorists Tiqqun, The Invisible Committee and Claire Fontaine.
15. The Invisible Committee is the nom de plume of an anonymous author or authors who have written French works of literature based on far-left politics, and anarchism.
16. The identity of the Invisible Committee has been associated with the Tarnac Nine, a group of people including Julien Coupat who were arrested "on the grounds that they were to have participated in the sabotage of overhead electrical lines on France's national railways."
17. Common topics addressed in works by the Invisible Committee include anarchism, anti-capitalism, anti-statism, communism, French culture, global protest movements, and 21st-century civilization.
18. The Invisible Committee have published three books: The Coming Insurrection, To Our Friends, and Now.
19. The Coming Insurrection is the Invisible Committee's first book.
20. To Our Friends is the Invisible Committee's second book.
21. The Invisible Committee's third book, Now, consists of seven chapters.
22. Finally, a passage gives a clue as to the number of persons who may be members of the Invisible Committee, and their specific involvement with the production of the texts: "There is never community as an entity, but always as an experience of continuity between beings and with the world.
- Temporary Autonomous Zones
- the second half of the 20th century