Southcentral Alaska in a sentence
1. The climate of Southcentral Alaska is subarctic.
2. The terrain of Southcentral Alaska is shaped by six mountain ranges: Southcentral Alaska contains several dormant and active volcanoes.
3. As chancellor, she was responsible for governing UAA and its eight satellite facilities in Southcentral Alaska.
4. The community is at the head of the Knik Arm of Cook Inlet in Southcentral Alaska, 27 km (17 mi) northeast of Anchorage.
5. Russian: Суситна) is a 313-mile (504 km) long river in the Southcentral Alaska.
6. It is found from Southcentral Alaska, Southeast Alaska western Oregon and eastward to western Alberta and Montana.
7. The Kenai Peninsula (Russian: Кенай полуостров) is a large peninsula jutting from the coast of Southcentral Alaska.
8. UAA also administers four community campuses spread across Southcentral Alaska.
9. Its northernmost range is said to be along the northern fringe of the Chugach Mountains in southcentral Alaska.
10. By the mid-1970s, there were Carrs stores throughout southcentral Alaska, as well as the Foodland Shopping Circle in downtown Fairbanks.
11. The Matanuska River is a 75-mile (121 km) long river in Southcentral Alaska, United States.
12. The stations claim 54,000 TV viewers nightly and 37,000 radio listeners weekly in the Southcentral Alaska region.
13. Other smaller operational hubs include Cordova (Prince William Sound), Ketchikan (southern Panhandle), and Kodiak (Southcentral Alaska).
14. January 22, 1976 and March 27, 1986 eruptions deposited ash over Anchorage and disrupted air traffic in southcentral Alaska.
15. They arrived in the Southcentral Alaska sometime between 1,000 and 1,500 years ago.
16. This is the only tubing park open to the general public in southcentral Alaska.
17. He showed investigators 17 grave sites, in and around Southcentral Alaska, 12 of which were unknown to investigators.
18. The wind farm is the first megawatt-scale wind project in Southcentral Alaska.
19. Anchorage is in Southcentral Alaska.
20. The climate in Southcentral Alaska is a subarctic climate (Köppen Dfc) due to its short, cool summers.
21. Southcentral Alaska offered more numerous, diverse fish species than those found near Reed's former home in Fairbanks.
22. Southcentral Alaska had been experiencing an unusually warm, dry summer that contributed to optimal conditions for a fire.
23. Johnson Creek Summit is a mountain pass through the Kenai Mountains in Southcentral Alaska.
24. Usage continues today, particularly in publications away from Southcentral Alaska and Anchorage.
25. It served as an essential eatery and community center in southcentral Alaska from 1949 to 1974.
26. Damage, mostly moderate with pockets of heavier damage, was experienced across a wide area of Southcentral Alaska.
27. Southcentral Alaska had an exceptionally hot, dry spring and summer season in 2019.
28. In June 1919, the BOF transferred Osprey to Southcentral Alaska, where she patrolled until August 1919.
29. In the late 1930s, Teal shifted her annual autumn patrols from Southeast Alaska to the Prince William Sound area in Southcentral Alaska.
30. The railroad will interchange with and operate on part of the Alaska Railroad, in order to access Southcentral Alaska and its ports.
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Semyon Dezhnyov's
- Nikolai Daurkin
- the Kheuveren River
- Koyuk River
- St. Gabriel
- M. S. Gvozdev
- I. Fyodorov
- August 21, 1732
- A. F. Shestakov
- Dmitry Pavlutsky
- Vitus Bering
- Russian Navy
- St. Peter
- Between 1774 and 1800
- Nootka Sound
- Bucareli Sound
- mid-19th century
- New Archangel
- Baranof Island
- $7.2 million
- Tsar Alexander II
- the Russian Empire
- Grand Duke
- March 30, 1867
- Six months later
- Fort Sitka
- October 18, 1867
- a legal holiday
- October 18