Railbelt in a sentence
1. The cities, towns, villages, and region served by ARR tracks are known statewide as "The Railbelt".
2. The area was previously a part of the Unorganized Borough, with the Upper Railbelt School District serving as the region's rural education attendance area (which was replaced by a school district under the borough's umbrella upon incorporation).
3. Specialized services include the Railbelt Mental Health &
4. Carrs stores were primarily located throughout the "Railbelt" area of Alaska.
5. A subsidiary, Eagle Quality Centers, operated in numerous mid-sized and smaller Alaskan communities, both within and outside of the Railbelt.
6. The POA provides critical transportation infrastructure to the citizens of Anchorage and to a majority of the citizens of the State of Alaska both within and beyond the Railbelt.
7. Since opening day in 1961, the Port of Alaska has been able to accommodate a regular schedule of cargo delivery to Alaska's Railbelt.
8. The Alaska Railroad runs from Seward through Anchorage, Denali, and Fairbanks to North Pole, with spurs to Whittier and Palmer (locally known as "The Railbelt").
9. The motivation is straightforward: the "railbelt" between Anchorage and Fairbanks contains the majority of the state's population.
10. Alaskans rejected attempts to move the capital in 1960 and 1962, but in 1974, as Alaska's center of population moved away from Southeast Alaska and to the railbelt, voters approved the move.
11. The project, which originally consisted of two dams along the river, was proposed as early as the 1960s by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation to supply electricity to the railbelt region of Alaska (areas served by the Alaska Railroad), including the cities of Anchorage and Fairbanks.
12. It was by far the largest in what was termed the "Railbelt complex" of fires, so named because they were all near the main route of the Alaska Railroad.
13. It is to deliver its recommendations for a long-term energy plan for Railbelt Alaska by December 31, and to produce similar recommendations for Rural Alaska by March 31, 2006.
14. In making its recommendations for state energy policy, the task force will consider the needs of Railbelt communities, which are served by the state's main power grid, and those of rural Alaskans who live off the grid for reliable and renewable sources of affordable energy.
15. The cities, towns, villages, and region served by ARR tracks are known statewide as "The Railbelt".
16. Gas heats Alaska's "railbelt", the grid-connected area between Homer and Fairbanks where most of Alaska's population lives.