Rail Marine in a sentence
1. (The nearest link to the North American railway network is the northwest terminus of the Canadian National Railway at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, several hundred miles to the southeast.) In 2000, the U.S. Congress authorized $6 million to study the feasibility of a rail link between Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48. Alaska Rail Marine provides car float service between Whittier and Seattle.
2. Shipman (machine tools and control systems), Richards Engineering (foundry equipment), Transmon Engineering (materials handling equipment) and Trelleborg (suspension components for rail, marine, and industrial applications).
3. It also owns an extensive transportation network, including trucking, rail, marine shipping and port facilities worldwide.
4. GE’s battery business serves the rail, marine, telecommunications and energy sectors, including new smart grid technology.GE's Durathon battery production takes place at their facility in Schenectady, New York.
5. Consequently, SAE J1939 can now be found in a range of diesel-powered applications: vehicles (on- and off-road and rail), marine propulsion, power generation and industrial pumping.
6. The railroad is connected to the contiguous 48 via three rail barges that sail between the Port of Whittier, Alaska and Harbor Island in Seattle (the Alaska Railroad-owned Alaska Rail Marine, and the CN Rail-owned Aquatrain, from Whittier to Prince Rupert, British Columbia) but does not currently have a direct, land-based connection with any other railroad lines on the North American network.
7. It is also involved in rail, marine, defence and aviation industries, as well as general industrial applications.
8. Transport Canada (French: Transports Canada) is the department within the Government of Canada responsible for developing regulations, policies and services of road, rail, marine and air transportation in Canada.
9. On March 16, 2015, Canada and the United States signed the "Agreement on Land, Rail, Marine, and Air Transport Preclearance Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of Canada".
10. The independent agency investigates accidents and makes safety recommendations in four modes of transportation: aviation, rail, marine and pipelines.
11. Training in rail, marine, amphibious operations and other modes of transportation was consolidated at Fort Eustis.
12. The Alaska Railroad provides the Alaska Rail Marine rail barge service from downtown Seattle to Whittier on the central Alaskan mainland.
13. On 15 November 2008, the Qatar-Bahrain Causeway Foundation awarded a contract to KBR, an engineering company headquartered in Houston, "to provide design, project and construction management services for the Qatar-Bahrain road and rail marine crossing".
14. On March 16, 2015, U.S. and Canadian officials signed the ministerial-level Agreement on Land, Rail, Marine, and Air Transport Preclearance Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of Canada, which foresees significant expansion of the scope of preclearance facilities.
15. Babcock & Brown Securities LLC is an active investment banking firm focused on equipment and project financing such as aircraft, rail, marine and infrastructure and is based in Greenwich, CT, USA.
16. Gas, Power Generation, On-Highway/Transportation, Rail, Marine, Mining, Construction/Industrial, Agriculture, and Military/Government.
17. Palmer's Docks was the original combined rail-marine operation and from all research to date, it was the first rail-marine terminal to operate in Brooklyn.
18. It would be the largest of the four independent rail-marine terminals in Brooklyn, the others being Bush Terminal Company, Jay Street Terminal (Jay Street Connecting Railroad), and New York Dock Railway.
19. A rail-marine terminal is also known as a carfloating operation, whereby railroad freight cars are loaded upon a barge by locomotive via a floatbridge, and transported across water by tugboat to another such location where they are unloaded by another locomotive and floatbridge.
20. The Rail-Marine Terminals located in Brooklyn, NY; (BEDT, Bush Terminal, New York Dock and Jay Street Terminal) were also known as "Contract Terminals".
21. Bush Terminal was unique from other rail-marine terminals in New York due to its distance from Manhattan, the magnitude of its warehousing and manufacturing operations, and its fully integrated nature.
22. He proposed a number of applications, including road, rail, marine and air transport.
23. Triplex made laminated and toughened windscreens and windows for the automotive, rail, marine and aerospace sectors.
24. A cast iron pier, built in 1872 with the intention of encouraging transatlantic traffic to unload, allowed a rail / marine interchange.
25. The Navayuga Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate headquartered in Hyderabad, with diversified portfolio that includes public infrastructure in roads, bridges, metro rail, marine works, IT/ITES companies, ports, power projects and steel units.
26. The bus crash falls outside the current mandate of the TSB, which includes only air, rail, marine and pipeline transportation.
27. (The nearest link to the North American railway network is the northwest terminus of the Canadian National Railway at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, several hundred miles to the southeast.) In 2000, the U.S. Congress authorized $6 million to study the feasibility of a rail link between Alaska, Canada, and the lower 48. Alaska Rail Marine provides car float service between Whittier and Seattle.
28. The engine is a two-stroke, crosshead type, direct reversible, constant pressure turbocharger and scavenging air cooled common rail Marine diesel engine according to licensor standard execution.
- the Inside Passage to Skagway
- Inter-Island Ferry Authority
- Wales Island
- many days
- up to four
- bush air services
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- almost two million
- Essential Air Service
- Alaska Airlines
- Frontier Flying Service
- the Cessna Caravan
- Lake Hood
- the mid-late 1920s
- 1,850 km
- 1,049 miles
- 1,688 km
- each March
- The "Serum Run"
- Alaska Communications
- United Fiber Optic
- January 2011
- $1 billion
- $350 million
- the Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska Senate
- the Alaska Supreme Court
- The Alaska Legislature
- House of Representatives
- the Alaska Court of Appeals